Any chess players here?

Discussion in 'Hook Up' started by Trapper, Jun 11, 2008.

1. Trapper

Trapper

At 2205 I do not think you would have much trouble with me rusty or not. Here is Max's website http://www.dlugy.com/. You need to get back active in chess its good for the mind.:)

Best regards,

Trapper

#21     Jun 14, 2008
  2. Hello, Trapper. Many thanks for your encouraging words and for posting Max website. I am happy to hear that he is back on the track both in chess and in the financial world.

#22     Jun 14, 2008
  3. 377OHMS

377OHMS

Chess is deterministic. The markets are... simultaneously chaotic and sociological.

#23     Jun 14, 2008
  4. loik

loik

Nigel Davies

#24     Jun 15, 2008
  5. nitro

nitro

#25     Jun 23, 2008
  6. I play on ICC as chessisneat. Match me at crazhouse and lose!

Most chess players I have known do not have the mental tougness required to gamble for a living, and most have pretty serious ego issues as well.

#26     Jun 23, 2008
  7. eagle

eagle

Completely different nature of the game. Chess is using analytical skill that can be computerized; Deep Blue as example. While trading relies mainly on emotional skill and that can't be computerized. Most engineers possess very strong analytical skill and that skill isn't worth much for trading.

Without offense. The high IQ people, unless they change the way to measure the IQ, are doomed to fail.

#27     Jun 27, 2008
  8. I know of someone who is a professional pit trader AND a chess player who has attained Master level.

#28     Jun 27, 2008
  9. eagle

eagle

There is always be an exception. The fact is the exception list is very thin.

#29     Jun 27, 2008
  10. Kasparov does whatever his Mom tells him to do. I am not kidding.

#30     Jun 27, 2008