Any chess players here?

Discussion in 'Hook Up' started by Trapper, Jun 11, 2008.

1. Trapper

Trapper

Okay good deal! You can register at www.freechess.org and then let me know your handle and we will be ready to rock. Or just let me know what handle you are using at the server you are playing at now and I will register and look you up online.

Best regards,

Trapper

#11     Jun 12, 2008
  2. chesshere.com

search: hobart21

#12     Jun 12, 2008
  3. internet chess club is great and is worth $40/year if one plays frequently.

#13     Jun 12, 2008
  4. Trapper

Trapper

Will look you up Monty. Shortie you play at ICC?

Best regards,

Trapper

#14     Jun 13, 2008
  5. Sounds good, I got your msg at chesshere.com Looking foward to playing a fellow trader.. Chess is the perfect game for anyone in this field.

#15     Jun 14, 2008
  6. yahoo chess has some really good players

#16     Jun 14, 2008
  7. I play 5-min pool on ICC when I have the time. I don't chat much though.

#17     Jun 14, 2008
  8. yes, they are called cheaters

#18     Jun 14, 2008
  9. zdreg

zdreg

is there a way to play chess online against a computer?

#19     Jun 14, 2008
  10. Hi, Trapper. You reminded me of a lost love! My last FIDE rating used to be 2205, but it was more than 10 years ago. I haven't played competively since. I guess now I am too rusty to accept your challenge. :)

Anyway, does anyone know what's happened to Maxin Dlugy? He was an American/Russian grandmaster who left chess to turn to finance, running a hedge fund. He was arrested on his way back to Russia and kept in jail for over one year. Is he still in the financial community?

I saw him in one of his last chess tournaments in Philadelphia, at the beginning of the nineties. At the same time, Chess Life, the journal of American Chess Federation, was running several ads from financial companies where they were actively recruiting chess players. May be he was hired through one of them.

#20     Jun 14, 2008