Any Cheap Squawk Box?

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by Spark, Jan 30, 2003.

1. $10 /mo for your farm animals, Hey for $5/mo I will squawk like a farm animal!

#11     Feb 2, 2003
  2. LOS.Net

This squawk rocks! For the lousy 99, per month I find every month this is paid for in spades, by just one trade each month that nets 2K!

Why just the other day, I netted 32 Spoo points from Wed to Fri open! (Would have been 64 but Comcast went down!)

This site rocks! Much better than B.L. who sounds like a track announcer!

David

#12     Feb 2, 2003
  3. Spark

Spark

In the los.net's squak box i found reporting of players (like Goldman, Morgan, Merryl, etc) that who is on bid and who is on offer side useful. For example, Goldman selling sp500 @863 in the first hour of trading day and market closed around @840 for that day...Goldman bought @852 and maket soared to 867 and closed around 860. But the players are not revealed freqently in los.net. I am not sure how frequent the playrs are revealed in the alternate squak box as suggested by nitro. Thanks

#13     Feb 2, 2003
  4. "LOS.Net
    This squawk rocks! For the lousy 99, per month I find every month this is paid for in spades, by just one trade each month that nets 2K!
    Why just the other day, I netted 32 Spoo points from Wed to Fri open! (Would have been 64 but Comcast went down!) "

on what the guys at LOS.NET said that could make you so many points ( wed am - fri am) as the market rallied 20 handles and then dropped 25 handles

was it GOLDY BUYING
    GOLDY SELLING and GOLDY BUYING
    at the highs and lows Wed am to Friday am
    made or was it "setharb selling / buying "
    :)

#14     Feb 2, 2003
  5. nitro

nitro

They do tell you that Morgan or Seibel or Bank One or Goldman etc are buying/selling and size.

As far as to the frequency of mentioning instituional action in comparison to los or others, I do not know. For my purposes, xsquawk is fine. That does not mean it is to everyone's taste or needs.

nitro

#15     Feb 2, 2003
  6. Spark

Spark

nitro, Thanks for the info.

#16     Feb 2, 2003
  7. Guys,

X-Squawk cost about $800 a month for the S&P and another $600 a month to add the Nasdaq.. $1400 per month for both.

They constantly yell out who is doing the selling or buying. You hear things like: 'Loius is trying to push the market down, he offering evens in 200" This is useful!

I pay that much because I offer it to my entire room of traders. It may be cheaper to individuals.

The CME offers Market sound, which is amn artificial squawk. It basically uses Sound volume to let you know more larger size bids and offers are coming in. It was developed by a good friend of mine and it helps some traders evaluate the size of orders moving the market without looking at the screen.
    Basically, if small size is on the offer, you may hear a very calm female voice and if the Volume is huge, you will hear a very loud male voice. Great idea, but remember that it is artificial.

Riskless

#17     Feb 2, 2003
  8. Spark

Spark

where did you get that information on pricing? xsquak web page clearly mentions $50/mo.

#18     Feb 2, 2003
  9. Please reference his statement about offering it to his whole room full of traders.

#19     Feb 2, 2003
  10. It was Wed afternoon to Fri AM...I listen more to the pitch and tone of the crowd, sometimes to confirm my idea, when the SP traded around 868, Wed PM the pit got loud, and I could sense that people were going to start selling (It was R1 on Wed), so I sold some SPY, and yes the announcer was saying everyone is selling..so I just stayed short. Did not work Thurs, covered Friday AM when the guy said everyones a buyer. at about SP 839.

I beleive your name was mentioned in the commotion!

There are certans times it really helps, and other times you just tune it out. Simple as that.

David

#20     Feb 2, 2003