Any Cheap Squawk Box?

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by Spark, Jan 30, 2003.

1. Spark

Spark

I am using free trial squak box from www.los.net for SP500 and Nasdaq100 future trading. So far it is good. It charges 83 cents/hour which comes to roundabout little over $100 per month. Do anyone know of alternative squak box for price and quality? thanks.

2. nitro

nitro

3. find this stuff...?:D

I feel like a dinosaur just using the basic apple pie TA, volume and options strategies to trade... and I keep reading on ET about great stuff... like this live squawk box, and all kinds of other sytems and the like. I wonder if more stuff and more noise really gives anyone greater success and/or edge?! Hmmmm...

But thnx. Think I will try it out for free. But stopped listening to CNBC intra-day about 4 years ago. Do keep Briefing.Com real-time running. Maybe this squawk box might be valuable when I try day trading futures later this year.

4. Spark

Spark

thanks nitro

5. to the squawk box live .... I think it lags the e minis

but it does provide a view of the players and sometimes

that helps ... if one is familiar with their movements

If I remember correctly the squawk box does help

when the market is about to open

in case their is a sudden mood shift
    in the pit

6. GD2KNO

GD2KNO

If you trade a winning system, the less "stuff and noise" and the less you "know" the better.

listening to others and "knowing" a lot was always my problem. I let the news, opinions, and others' analysis color my use of a winning system. Net result, system winner, me loser!

Now I could care less how many are the bid or sell side or if some superstar is buying or selling. I avoid all business news, analysts' opinions and economic reports like the plague.

Someone on ET said keep it simple and I know that to be a winning idea.

7. GeeTO69

GeeTO69

HELL YEAHHH..

I'LL YELL AT YA..

FOR 20 BUCKS A MONTH:D

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO LONG..

NO...............

SELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL SHORT....................

NO WAIT.....................

GOOOOOOOO LONG

(OH HELL I DONT KNOW)

JUST GIVE MY 20:D

8. CME offers some sort of e-mini squak -- anyone try it ???

9. Automated, relatively useless.

I have found the best to be Real-Time futures. com with Ben Lichtenstien (sorry bout' the spelling). For some it's just irritating noise but I found it very useful for extremely short-term trading (i.e. scalping).

If your someone who can't take a shit without first looking at four charts each having five different technical indicators on it....... then squawk is going to be pretty much useless to you. But if you like to feel that your at the centre of the action in the pits, and you take the time to learn how to interpret it, it can be a helpful tool.

IMOFWIW

MACD

10. I can provide live feed of my farm animals sqwauking for $10 per month

#10     Feb 1, 2003