Any Cell Phones that can Trade on Interactive Brokers?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by NeoRio1, Feb 24, 2009.

1. ???

2. I guess most. You only need to have access to the web so a simple phone with a screen can do it. No need for a fancy and pricy blackberry.
    But dont be mislead, this crap is only a get a quote, place an order thing. Really a last resort backup.

3. Div_Arb

Div_Arb

If memory serves me correct, you cannot initiate a trade with IB mobile. Only close existing positions. IB does alot of things right, but their mobile interface is terrible.

4. You are right about the interface.
    But if my memory is good I did place some open orders 2 years ago. I felt like I was back in the days I was trading with 15 minutes Yahoo! delayed charts, lol.

5. Don't even bother with there mobile trader, it has been changed in years. I would say carry a computer with you, or not but try using the html site on an iphone, it maybe a little hard, but the wap version sucks.

6. Are the charts and prices really delayed on the mobile trader?

All I would need is the real time of price and not the charts.

7. It'll show you price and account balance, but you cant stay logged in you will go inactive, and have to relog in. It's a pain if you have the secure device. If your not trading, then i would recommend a bbry or iphone or phone with a advanced browser to keep track of the market. Unfortunately IB hasn't put much money into developing a Mobile trader as Etrade or TD Ameritrade.

8. This wouldn't be the way to trade.

If I were you, I'd get a lap top with an aircard. Then you can use TWS, not the mobile service.

OldTrader

9. get a thinkpad x200 tablet. It has built in wireless verizon/att wireless. very light veyr durable very flexible.

10. saico

saico

Has anyone experience using IB Mobile Trader with a PDA, or Blackberry?

Thanks
    saico

#10     Mar 3, 2009