any bulls still out there?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by krazykarl, May 24, 2006.

1. Any takers of these exchange trades!!!!

They are all moving up

$COSTAverageMAN

Calling bottoms daily....Thats an arrogant statement!!!!

• nyx.gif
      File size:
      13.9 KB
      Views:
    #11     May 24, 2006
  2. ISE a few minutes later

• ise.gif
      File size:
      13.6 KB
      Views:
    #12     May 24, 2006
  3. CME a few minutes later

• cme.gif
      File size:
      15.7 KB
      Views:
    #13     May 24, 2006
  4. Well....I hope the trade worked as well for everyone as it did for me.....

Mostly Posting @ Forums--Journal---Trading for a living---want to share

#14     May 24, 2006
  5. ========
    Yes SPY is still below 200day Ma,;
    DIA & XLE above.I think Iran probably helps oil -gas stocks.

Bird flu news story seems rather unlikey to casue more selling;
    mainly caused by improper sanitation, chickens crammed together like sardines.

Below 200 dma seems much more thereat to SPY/ES than ;
    a small possibility of an epidemic caused by improper chicken sanitation/overcrowding

:cool:

#15     May 24, 2006
  6. my bias is still bullish, as the past 12 months have been.

this have definately been a more expensive lesson then it should have been. I'm going to wait a few weeks until the consolidation is over...

#16     May 24, 2006
  7. We need a nice fake Bin Laden rumor right about now...

#17     May 24, 2006
  8. What’s the consolidation? I see the market just moving down. I hope you don’t learn an expensive lesson Karl. If I remember right you got smoked on your Apple position too. You need to have outs and not hold until your right. I am not saying the market won’t go back up because nobody really knows but the fact that it’s down so much so quick daily should tell you a story on its own. If the S&P breaks 1250 what’s stopping it from going to 1200. I still think we need to test lower lows. My reason is they need to make guys cry and sell out of long positions and there are a lot of small investors and hedge funds trapped like dogs right now I bet.

#18     May 24, 2006
  9. yeah, i did back in january. i've only been at this for a little over a year and am still learning a great deal. I didn't get smoked on aapl so much as I didn't take the profits off the table when I should have..(edit: i had a 12 bagger and just let it deflate.......)

from my limited TA knowledge, the trend is bullish and we were due for a correction - i've never been involved in a parabolic move before and didn't know what to expect - and my cash was in TIE - flat out in options and the stock. (edit: in other posts i've been calling for a reversal in the next 5-10 sessions, and my confidence on that call has gone up throughout the day the more reading i've done...)

What I did learn is that i need to listen to the VIX and get more backside protection in those types of moves..

#19     May 24, 2006
  10. Not that this is new info to most of you, but look at the negative correlation between the VIX and the S&P 500....As you can see during every significant decline in the market you get a spike in the VIX.....Hence the point I'm trying to make is that If you are trying to buy protection for your portfolio a few days after the sell off began and the VIX is in full spike, then you might be over paying for your protective puts.....This is why before I ever buy put options on IWM and SPY to protect my portfolio I always check to see the VIX at a low before I purchase.....This will usually occur around the same time the market is in a nice steady climb, the perfect time to use some profits and buy insurance....

Yes I HAVE BEEN IN 85% CASH SINCE 5/11 AND HAD MAY PUTS ON the OIH, IWM and SPY SINCE 5/5....

$COSTAverageMAN

#20     May 24, 2006