Any bulletins today from IB on halted NYSE stocks?

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by tomahawk, May 6, 2010.

1. I don't recall seeing any, but that seems like something they should've been and usually are on top of, as far as alerting clients.

2. nitrene

nitrene

Interactive Brokers Bulletin Board

To all traders:
    Thu May 6 19:59:41 2010 EST

TRADE CANCELLATION NOTICE

IB has received notice from each of the NASDAQ, NYSE ARCA, BATS, DIRECT EDGE, ISE and NATIONAL STOCK EXCHANGE of their intent to cancel all trades executed between 14:40:00 and 15:00:00 which were executed at a price greater or less that 60% away from the consolidated last print in that security at 14:40:00 or prior. Each has also provided notification that this decision cannot be appealed. At this point we are awaiting information from these exchanges, as well as any other exchanges which may later provide notice of a similar decision, as to which stocks are affected and the break points at which the cancellations will take place.

Once this information has been determined, IB will act to process any resultant position and cash changes to your account and will provide notification of this action via email and TWS bulletin. As such changes may adversely affect account equity and/or margin compliance, account holders are advised to monitor their accounts and manage their risk accordingly. Additional information will be posted as received to the System Status page which may be located by typing the keyword 'System Status' into the IB website search engine.

3. Yes, thanks. That came in after hours today.

What I was talking about was one of those real-time bulletins that flash when an exchange is down, etc. It seems that if a number of stocks are being halted even if only momentarily, it would've been helpful for IB to let us know this so that we might be on alert that something extraordinary was about to happen.

4. nitrene

nitrene

I never saw any real-time alert from IB but I figured when the ES collapsed at about 1347 I knew there was a serious problem.

IB is always late with these updates.

5. Yes, IB usually alerts 5 or 10 minutes before those apocalyptic market events. Guess they didn't throw the switch yesterday.