Any BrainWave Generator users ?

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by Wallace, Jul 17, 2005.

1. Midas

Midas

#21     Aug 11, 2010
  2. Do you mean Dr Thompson Theta Meditation System?

#22     Aug 11, 2010
  3. I never used the BrainWave Generator or others or goggles and think that a better
    way to go may be to use the services of a hypnotist-psychologist - h-p

I had a severe 'pulling-the-trigger' problem that I 'cured' myself but had talked with
    a few h-ps here in Vancouver, asking if they had worked with traders and what fees
    they charged, session quantity etc; I found one guy that I had a good rapport with
    tho I never used him, wanted to write about using an h-p as 'foundation' method

I mean while not having received any 'treatment', I nevertheless believe in the potential
    that the 'right' h-p may be able to provide (might include NLP practioner)
    the one guy spoke about the 'overall' person, so one needs an assessment to begin
    with to determine 'what one is and where one's at' before going on to the specific of
    what one wants assistance with — 3 - 6 sessions ? average $125 per or 'course' rate

moving on to the trading day, I'd think the h-p would have specific programs that may
    be adapted to the individual's requirement for relaxation, concentration etc
    I 'believe' using an h-p is more beneficial because one works with another person,
    a professional, one who has worked with traders, money managers and is thereby
    familiar with a lot of their problems, how to solve the problems, how to increase
    performance; also the 'treatment' seems to be quite short, tho I've no way of knowing
    how good the results may - or may not - be; it's also possible they know of or can
    recommend a brain wave generator etc and specific 'preset'/recording, could already
    have one or more available or design one

in writing this I was just thinking about those people who had 'life coaches' - usually
    celebrities - did one of the realtors on 'Million Dollar Listings' have one ? - and thought
    'how pretentious', but . . .

does hiring a 'trading coach' make sense ?

#23     Aug 11, 2010
  4. Midas

Midas

#24     Aug 11, 2010
  5. #25     Aug 12, 2010
  6. wondering if any of the guys at the beginning of the thread are still using these... riskarb, any '5 years later' comments?

#26     Aug 12, 2010
  7. We have extended our system beyond market data to provide a holistic platform for the collection, integration and distribution of real-time information across the enterprise. Liquidity management capabilities have been integrated and our new platform includes private stream messaging, supporting peer-to-peer connectivity.

#27     Aug 29, 2010
  8. pspr

pspr

I used to have a brain wave feedback device that changed a tone when you meditated your mind into theta wave patterns. But I figured out that I could just take a nap and do the same thing.

#28     Aug 30, 2010
  9. I haven't actually used any of the devices, both sound and light, because I have always had my apprehension about them. I can't really explain it, but I just don't want to use any devices or mediums to get to a certain state of mind. I guess you can say I am a little scared... probably the after effect of too many thriller and horror films...lol.

Anyway, after reading all your post, I must admit I became curious and would start researching about this subject.

By the way, are there any know side effect?

#29     Sep 4, 2010
  10. What do you mean exactly 'that changed a tone'? It measured your EEG and responded accordingly with a different tone when your brain is into theta wave?.. :eek:

#30     Sep 7, 2010