Any BrainWave Generator users ?

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by Wallace, Jul 17, 2005.

1. #11     Jul 18, 2005
  2. Thanks for the replies.

I should have posted the BWGen site: http://www.bwgen.com/
    and the user forum: http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/bwgen/

The bwgen site has a library (in Files at the forum) of several dozen 'presets'/recordings — binaural brainwave entrainments users have created using bwgen. User comments range from 'doesn't work' to 'amazing' with several relating their particular experience using various presets, similar on the forum. Reading some of the forum posts I've the impression using the bwgen is akin to creating a trading system for a charting program, it requires a time investment to study, learn and experiment with the bwgen 'programming language' — sound, wavelengths etc and testing the result on oneself.
    The problem I see is not being able to test what one's 'baseline' is, that is 'what is one's 'normal' ?'. That can only be done with biofeedback testing with a clinical professional EEG 'brain map' and evaluation, tho the equipment can be purchased (expensive or built $2-400 as can light glasses). Consequently such presets and commercial products either work for one or not but won't be known until one tries them.

I shall be purchasing 'The Journey to Wild Divine' this week: http://www.wilddivine.com/
    in part because this it the least expensive biofeedback equipment I know of that has a method of 'brain entrainment'. Wild Divine isn't an EEG machine but uses a 'Myst/Enchanted Journey' type game play to obtain results using controlled breathing/heart rate and skin conductivity. A user of both bwgen and Wild Divine told me this:

"Regarding benefits, it [Wild Divine] has, besides being a fun and highly educational tool, helped me to better control my energies and focus. WD helped me to understand the different states and provided techniques to achieve these without using any other aids (e.g. BWGen). Will surely be getting the next chapter of WD which should be available this fall. I still use BWGen but more directed at specific needs... E.g. when feeling tired I use an energizing preset etc. Depending on your use of BWGen you might not learn a thing, but you get a good, somewhat crude, tool with a lot of great presets. If you play around with preset-making yourself you'll have so much fun. Primarily BWGen is an exploratory tool, which let's you use it for anything that you can achieve using brainwave technology."

Never tried a floation tank but am aware of the light goggles. I plan to start with Wild Divine and see where I get and perhaps add bwgen presets and try goggles at a later date.

pdf is: 'The Clinical Guide to Sound and Light' Thomas Budzynski PhD and see also bwgen 'Links' page for a varied and comprehensive list of 'Related Links'.

Finally, is any of what you're using being used specifically to improve your trading — methodology please.

#12     Jul 18, 2005
  3. benwm

benwm

Found this interesting old thread.

Did anyone find that the trading performance improved after using Light and Sound Machines?

And has anyone tried out any newer products since the last post? Please could you share your experiences.

Thank you in advance.

#13     Aug 9, 2010
  4. jinxu

jinxu

I've been using music with binaural beats for a few years. Mostly to try to relax or fall asleep with. I don't know how it can help you with your trading b/c they're more for meditation. There's a claim that it can also help you become more alert, but it never worked for me.

#14     Aug 9, 2010
  5. I suppose being in a roomful of women would have a similar effect. I have no clear recollection after such episodes, and can only imagine the depth of relaxation I must have endured. :D

#15     Aug 9, 2010
  6. Each people have their own habit or favourite, so we can blame anything about htat

#16     Aug 10, 2010
  7. Did you actually try beta or 'high beta' brainwaves?

#17     Aug 10, 2010
  8. zdreg

zdreg

there use to be something called synchro energize centers listening to music with goggles which generated images based upon the music. it was extremely relaxing. if anybody knows where to find this combination please post.

#18     Aug 10, 2010
  9. jinxu

jinxu

Yeah, they were beta. I try using them during mornings when I'm still feeling groggy. The only time they kind of work is if I had a good night sleep. But I would've became alert as the day goes by anyways. When I didn't sleep well, it doesn't work no matter what.

Why do you ask?

#19     Aug 10, 2010
  10. Simply understanding your experience. Thank you.

#20     Aug 11, 2010