Any body else Sick of those log in cards with TWS

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by Magnum29466, Apr 30, 2009.

1. I just scanned and printed it. I keep a copy of it at my different trading desks. Maybe taking away from some of the security but if someone could get to my trading desks I would have more problems than the money in my trading account. lol.

#11     Apr 30, 2009
  2. Eight

Eight

You can get a static IP and set up your account to only recognize a computer from it. That won't work if you are traveling though.

#12     Apr 30, 2009
  3. lindq

lindq

It is especially annoying at 5:30 in the morning (I am on Pacific Time) when I can barely see the numbers and enter them correctly.

However, it is WELL worth it for the security, and I give credit to IB for forcing it on account holders.

#13     Apr 30, 2009
  4. You got that right, I remember reading about this affair.

#14     Apr 30, 2009
  5. Use IBController and then you only have to enter it once a week. You can get it from the Yahoo TWSAPI group. It is a little tricky to setup but well worth the effort. I log on to multiple TWS instances on Sunday evening and that's it for the week.

The security cards are a good idea to have and with the right software they are not much of a hassle at all.

#15     Apr 30, 2009
  6. Banff01

Banff01

Yes, you were! You gotta read the papers before you commit to something. The only problem is that if you did not sign up for the security device your accounts would no longer be insured in case of a security breach/stolen funds.

#16     Apr 30, 2009
  7. i went from a card to a calculator.the card i can live with you can scan it and email it.i hate the calculator cause youalways have to have it with you. alreay forgot it a few times to take it with me.seriously helpless feeling when you want to log in and manage your stocks/futures and notice your calculator is somewhere else.
    IB is the drug for me and i need to score

#17     Apr 30, 2009
  8. Lucrum

Lucrum

I have an account with the card and had another with the electronic device. I definitely like the card better.

#18     Apr 30, 2009
  9. Why can't IB offer a middle ground i.e. to allow TWS login without card but mandate the card based authentication for fund transfers.

Also I think, the distorted TEXT is done intentionally to create problem for people who try to do trading automation. This is probably done in favor of their costly fix based API trading platform.

#19     Feb 8, 2010