Any body aware of Ed Seykota's book

Discussion in 'Trading' started by vinchem, Dec 22, 2005.

1. RedDuke

RedDuke

Absolutely. What one has to do with another. We are here to discuss trading. Ed is a proven master trader, that says it all, even though I was very surprised when I learned about his bankruptcies.

#41     Jun 6, 2006
  2. while oft qouted by the trendies as being an ideal trend follower, ed seykota actually states something quite different:

<i>The direction of the trend depends upon the method we use to perform the comparison. Real instruments fluctuate minute-to-minute, day-to-day and year-to-year. We have, therefore an enormous supply of historical points to use to determine trend. As such, we can determine as many instances of trend as we please, in any direction that we please.

There is no such thing as the trend; there are countless trends, depending on the method we use to determine a trend. People typically pick a method for determining trend that fits with their current positions and/or view of the market.</i>

it looks like mr. seykota and i see the concept of trend in similar fashion---much different than the promoters of trend trading would have you believe he thinks. kinda throws a wrench into the idea of trendtrading when a proported trend follower says such things......

http://www.seykota.com/tribe/TSP/Trends/index.htm

surfer

#42     Jun 6, 2006
  3. Self explanatory.

#43     Jun 6, 2006
  4. fhl

fhl

I wonder how you know that Ed never does anything ouside of his accepted norms. Have you ever done anything you know to be wrong?
    Whether we view someone on a "compartmentalized" basis, as was frequently talked about during the Clinton administration, seems almost always to depend on the type of behavior that is being compartmentalized. I found that the same people who thought sex was not to be considered when talking about whether someone was fit for a job would generally have a fit if the subject was race or gender. I have a feeling that if the accusations against Ed were of some other nature than sex, many would change their tune quite rapidly about whether it was relevant or not.

#44     Jun 7, 2006
  5. Lewcifer

Lewcifer

What I've done or haven't done is irrelevant to the ad-hominem attacks directed toward Ed.

Very true... and a very good point. Had someone said, "I heard Ed likes to date black women with big breasts" in an attempt to discredit him, they would have been dismissed as narrow-minded insular bigots.... and that's how the person who posted about Ed "enjoying a swinging lifestyle" should be viewed on here... an insular bigot. Nothing more, nothing less.

On another note, I just purchased 150 BRCM JUN 30C (RCQFF) at $1.20 ($18K)... I'll be selling on Jun 14th using market bid as my stop. I also picked up 100 EBAY JUN 32.5C (XBAFZ) at $.60... to be sold on Jun 9th or Jun 14th, depending on market.

Now this discussion is relevant to trading once more.

#45     Jun 7, 2006
  6. RedDuke

RedDuke

Let's go back to trading.

#46     Jun 12, 2006
  7. jsmith

jsmith

I was interested in getting a copy of "Trader's Window" referenced in Market Wizards when it was finally completed.

http://www.seykota.com/tribe/FAQ/2009_June/01/Index.htm

2/3 page scrolled down.
    "The Trader's Window is out of print."

How could the book be out of print when it was never printed? :confused:

#47     Jun 25, 2009
  8. Cutten

Cutten

Sounds like someone hasn't got laid in a while.

At least 70% of marriages have at least one adulterous episode - surely it's more honest to be open if you are not one of the minority of people who are happy to pork only one person for the rest of your life.

#48     Jun 25, 2009