Any Blind Traders?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by jonnyy40, Apr 21, 2004.

1. reg

reg

This is very interesting. Since we're on the subject of handicaps, I must admit I've never met a blind trader but I do know a lot of impotent traders. The one thing I've noticed about these impotent traders is that they're always short and never long.

#21     Apr 26, 2004
  2. I'm glad up until this post, that this was a serious thread and not a lousy bad taste joke.

Congradulations, hats off, cheers and ATB (all the best) to the handicapped traders that are even attempting this mess.....

Lord knows the rest of us are stuck in the mire, and some of us are smelling sweeeetttt

#22     Apr 26, 2004
  3. Interesting. Made me wonder what I'd do.

Saw a dated listserv thread here. Looks like Bear Stearns had someone on their floors. Speech recognition was the angle to pursue. Big institutions have probably dealt with this issue.

http://listserv.uark.edu/scripts/wa.exe?A2=ind9801&L=blind-l&F=&S=&P=26835

Maybe we will hear more about this as online trading ages with the rest of us. Macular degeneration and bad glaucoma come to mind.

Geo.

#23     Apr 26, 2004
  4. reg

reg

My post was not meant as a "lousy bad taste joke", but to show just how ridiculous this thread is. Trading is tough enough with 20/20 vision, so only a sucker would truly believe that blind traders actually do exist. I am not talking about blind traders working at GS or Morgan Stanley where he has a whole department hand-holding him. I am talking about the type of blind trader that the originator of this thread is describing - that of an isolated, "blind" trader relying on a so-called "kit that allows him to read pages." How ridiculous can we get?
    Do you know of any blind truck drivers?

#24     Apr 26, 2004