Any Blackwood Pro traders?

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by NYTrader35, Jul 12, 2008.

1. I am looking at starting a trading group with a firm that uses Blackwood Pro. I heard the platform has had many upgrades over the last few years and just wanted to get some feedback from any traders that use the platform now it would be appreciated. Thanks

2. What firm are you going with
    Are you trading remote or at their office
    what are their commission
    Please do let me know
    Are you hosting a group of traders - ?

3. Starting Tuesday our branch will be with a broker-dealer in NY that uses Blackwood Pro, they are actually the original creators of the software. I will not be trading remote as they offered us some space available in their building. I already have a handful of remote traders I have trained that will be using blackwood pro now. I negotiated a pretty good per share rate to start if your interested drop me a message I rather not put quotes out there. Yes I am hosting a group of traders in-house and remotely that are transferring from another prop firm in NY where we originally started.

4. Surdo

Surdo

Where in NYC, do you offer futures trading?

5. Located on 5th Ave Midtown. Yes we offer futures trading

6. newboy

newboy

Been there and done that. Will never trade at Diminsion Brokerage again. Blackwood is outdated and the computers are slow. And the group leader was shady. Besides these things, no one there was making money. Enough said. . .

7. Kobran

Kobran

Anybody that is using Blackwood that can give us a quick review ?

8. Blackwood = Dimension and Dimension's office is on 5th Ave in Midtown so are you part of Dimension or are you a sub-LLC that just acts as a middle man between a trader and Dimension?

Why would a trader face you/your group vs. Dimension directly? What are you offering that Dimension does not, especially since it sounds like you are going to be in their office.

9. NKNY

NKNY

I agree stay away from middle men... If one wants to trade with blackwood go with them directly... look at what happened with next level trading. I don't see any reason to use a middleman...