Any Biotech experts on ET?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Maverick74, Feb 19, 2004.

1. What is pretty interesting is that Mark Corrigan, an Executive Vice President is shown to have acquired ( non-open market ) 100,000 shares at $27.70 on Feb. 11th, 2004

In fact, there hasn't been any insider selling since last June.
    Moreover, short interest as of Jan. 15th was 9.5 million shares.
    That's 11.3% of the float!

Am very curious to learn what the latest short interest figures are. Shouldn't they be out by now?

:)

#11     Feb 19, 2004
  2. Maverick74

Maverick74

The updated short interest figures should be released any day. I think a lot of them might cover before the announcement though and many may have already covered. There is some serious speculation going on here.

#12     Feb 19, 2004
  3. Whadya wanda now? Dis men is dask.

#13     Feb 19, 2004
  4. biotech is the futhure. accumulate and compound now. never too late to start. a lot more than 100% up room go to in the life time. pick any one blindly. hold for your retirement.

#14     Feb 19, 2004
  5. valuable. I'm currently heavily margined in CRXA. The stock seems to be holding its ground at the current price range of 6.00-6.10. So you can still get in on it.

When buying into smal cap biotechs its important to know what makes for a popular buy in the non-profitable area of biotech. You need to know these sought after qualities, and sort through all the comps to find the one or few with the most best qualities. If you'd like me to state the sought after qualities and give you a basic overview of how the biotech sector works, let me know.

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=27634

#15     Feb 19, 2004
  6. No, that's the name: Perceptive Life Sciences. It's listed on hedgefund.net (Hedgefund.net= valuable hedge fund research tool. I recommend.) I see they've jacked up their minimum investment to $1,000,000 now. The way they've been producing, I suppose they have that luxury...

#16     Feb 19, 2004