Any better prop firm in Canada?

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by ml123, Mar 5, 2007.

1. Title might not know what ISB stickies are, but it took them months to get access to BATS, which is ridiculous.

Plus, if you can trade at all, the payout at Swift doesn't stick at 35 for long.

Oh, and people need to learn how to negociate with their owners :p

#11     Mar 7, 2007
  2. lescor

lescor

It's quite a peculiar Canadian quirk when good traders are happy to give away "only" 50% of their earnings.

I still haven't heard one good argument to trade at a firm with these splits unless a) your edge is the almost free execution cost, b) you are totally new and learning on someone else's dime, or c) you are a big-size swinging cowboy trader who thinks he has a spectacular blowup in his future.

#12     Mar 7, 2007
  3. ml123

ml123

Thanks guys for all your replies.
    May I ask what's ISB stickies and BATS?

#13     Mar 8, 2007
  4. GGSAE

GGSAE

Wow, you don't even need to use proper spelling or grammar, your firm must be great!

#14     Mar 8, 2007
  5. Not home, there is some firms just coming to ontario(toronto), it was a big thing in Quebec for the last 6-7 years because of the goverment incentives. Andy Priston (trader magazine first cover) has a firm and a number of other shops most of them spun of ex-Refco.
    Some are bringing their ontario traders back home :).

I know your at swiftrade, i undestand what you do and your payout, it would be hard to do better than what you have right now, so why leave for something equal? You should consider opening your own shop and teaching the wisdom. It's what I learned in enterpreuship grade 11 maybe it was an OAC credit (lol) . Hire people smarter tham you and you will do fine, some people have a problem with that, the "god/smartest person in the room" complex.

#15     Mar 8, 2007
  6. Now that's good advice...

I think competition is going to be good for all players in this industry.

#16     Mar 8, 2007
  7. Where r u trading from?

#17     Mar 8, 2007
  8. GGSAE

GGSAE

I couldn't really understand most of that, but I can respond to you regarding my trader status...i'm very happy with the firm i'm with and the methodology i employ, in fact the stupidest thing i could do would be to disassociate myself from the talented group i'm surrounded by....having said that, you're obviously a man of integrity and scruples, please post lots of links about your firm. Don't worry about the whole paid advertising on this site, baron doesn't care about that.

#18     Mar 8, 2007
  9. rkanak

rkanak

would you mind sending me the name of the firm in toronto, cus i am looking for a prop firm ..... i tried title trading but they havent got back to me, i also have the capital required for swifttrade to open up a shop, but i want to start as a trader first before putting up my own money, but i dont mind paying the initial trainning fee (if any)to the firm in the beginning

#19     Mar 9, 2007
  10. ISB stickies : quotes from the Island ECN "sticking" in the level II, so that they do not represent real quotes anymore (sizes not adjusting or simply not disappearing once they are filled). You might end up having 4 or 5 Island bids and asks that are sticky, making the level II quite confusing to look at, not to mention the possible/probable keystroke errors due to wrong quotes.

BATS is an ECN used to trade.

#20     Mar 11, 2007