Any bankers out there know what this means?

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by drsteph, Nov 15, 2007.

1. Mvic

Mvic

$10K at BoA

#11     Nov 16, 2007
  2. WOW, or is it whoa?

You just gotta put your two cents worth in? Yeah, I do too when it's too rich to pass up.

Let's see, the inception of the ATM was 1976. Human nature being what is , namely lost or stolen cards, I would imagine limits were imposed not to long after. Tad more than a decade. These limits would have nothing whatsover to do with the limits in the context of the thread

ACH, as with wires, goes through the routing/transit of the Fed, but once a day. Cutoff is 4 PM CST. Usually for repeat periodic transactions, such as military allotments, utility bills etc. Any change in limits proably stems from scrutiny toward compliance. Money laundering would be an example. Takes longer to squish through 2m than 10m and hence a longer audit trail.

Wires are POOF, instant. You send a wire, it's gone. No recourse. Wires can and are, at times, huge. Hundreds of millions. For example state agency cash concentration from multiple outlets as tax receipts roll in.

None of the preceding as anything to do with the markets and very little to do with the essence of banking. Just fee income profit generators or accomodations to attract/retain customers. The loan to deposit ratio gauges how much of a BANK a bank is, and yes kids a deliquency rate to some degree is to be expected.

#12     Nov 16, 2007
  3. I have a s***load of accounts with 100k or more limits.

Whats this 2k bs.

#13     Nov 19, 2007