Any Aussies DayTrading US markets?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by mike12nv, May 13, 2010.

1. markcfd

markcfd

I am From Australia too VIC/NSW border. I swing trade the US markets with CFD's and have just started demoing FX. I have been lucky enough to quit my job 18 months ago to concentrate on trading while the missus brings home the bread. I'm only just starting to get successful and have a very small account. I have kids to look after during the day so i find it a fair struggle to get some sleep just getting up to trade my price alerts in the middle of the night.
    But with the FX i am finding some good trades coming along every now and then during the daytime :D

#21     May 15, 2010
  2. Is that all....?:D

Mike,

If your trading strategy is sound why not go to "auto"?

NiN

#22     May 15, 2010
  3. TRS

TRS

Stick at it mate. Best game in the World.

I trade AUD/USD (6A), Euro (6E), GBP (6B), S&P500 (ES), 10 Yr US T-Note (ZN) and Crude oil (CL). Find it a good portfolio.

My hours are variable. The market is always there. I've lost more money fronting up to the screen when I should have been taking it easy.

From Melbourne. Look out next year: Melbourne Rebels give the 'tahs a hiding :)

#23     May 15, 2010
  4. TRS

TRS

IF FX Spot works for you, all good. Take a look at Currency Futs @CME

#24     May 15, 2010
  5. TRS

TRS

Good point...

#25     May 15, 2010
  6. markcfd

markcfd

I have an account with Global Futures that i had a look at currency futures with in the past. Im looking at FX with Go Markets at the moment as i also have an account with them.

#26     May 15, 2010
  7. TRS

TRS

I have an active unfunded acct with Go. Decided to stick with the Futs

#27     May 15, 2010
  8. Grinder

Grinder

Trade index options on the US markets whilst in Melbourne. Find the most volume being moved is in the last couple of hours so trade for a couple of hours before heading off to my day job. Works well for me.

#28     May 15, 2010