Any Alternatives to Das Simulator?

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by DiabetesBeetus, Jun 21, 2021.

1. Hello,

Been using the das simulator for a few months now, i love it but it is a bit pricey ($165/mo). Does anyone here use anything cheaper and can provide insight on how their experience using it was?

2. lwlee

lwlee

You can try TD OnDemand which is free. I haven't actually use it a great deal but it supposedly allows you to replay the day's action.

3. Have you tried NinjaTrader before? It's used by thousands daily for simulation, market replay, and live trading.

4. Sorry to be dumb, but what is a trading simulator? Is it like a market replay based on historical realized data? Or is it a run through hypothetically generated market data (based on some statistical parameters) so like putting your strategy through monte carlo?

5. No worries, not a dumb question. It’s trading the markets in real-time with 0 delay but with fake (paper) money. Used as a learning tool. Some of them are also historical, but I prefer live simulation.

6. roca

roca

check out Medved Trader, really great and only 20$/month

Pros: Not expensive, very easy to use and user friendly, light on the pc, very good support, can navigate easily between multiple stocks, ability to have paintbars and custom scanners, hotkeys, good charting functionalities...

Cons: No market replay, cannot combine multiple timeframes into the scanner/paintbar, cannot see premarket gappers(You need to use your broker scanner or some website for that)

DiabetesBeetus likes this.
  7. I thought something like that is known as a paper account rather than a simulator as there are no variables being simulated.

8. You might wanna try TC2000. They also got a simulator and you can use real-time data if subscribed.

DiabetesBeetus likes this.
  9. Hmm not to sure about the proper technical term tbh. Maybe its 1 or the other or maybe its both. I guess im used to calling it simulator because on DAS subscription page it says "Das Simulator"

Also thanks for the suggestions yall, will check em out. Much appreciated.