Any airline pilots trading on the side

Discussion in 'Hook Up' started by Sundog, Sep 2, 2007.

1. Cy_M

Cy_M

Hi Sun,
    Yes I learned trading alone and have always been scalping mixed with swing trading.
    All instruments at some point lead the other and hence there is no fixed rule. Although I usually monitor a 3 Min. ER2 which leads ES. I specifically trade ES though.
    I've learned everything the hard way and have read less then 2 dozen books but there are a ton of good readz out there that would be the best you could do on your lay overs. Also a laptop and system development and back testing ideas will be your best choice right now.

Never, flew cargo but I hear you, not having the cabin crew on board can be very boring.

Cy

#11     Sep 9, 2007
  2. Captnkirk

Captnkirk

I trade options mostly and a few daytrades in stocks. I'm on reserve for a major and have a good bit of time off but I keep hard stops in place anyway. I'm trying to get out of the flying for a living and into trading. The changes in the industry have taken all the fun out of the job, not to mention the retirement hits. A couple of years like I'm going should work out. I've got most everything paid off so my expenses will be low. A lot of guys on this forum will beat you down and tell you how you don't have the stuff to make it but money management and risk control are key for me anyway. just wish I had started sooner. My dad traded futures before computers and I saw all the work it took so I shied away. Now it's a lot cleaner and the info is only a keystroke away when you need it.

#12     Sep 21, 2007
  3. stules

stules

Greetings one and sundry
    I am cargo flying out of Tokyo as PIC on a B767-300ER.
    Mainly PRC, HKG, ANC and ORD. Really low workload. Fits in well with trading. I am also considering trading full time and chucking the flying in for good.
    Started out trading as a local on the SFE in Sydney.
    Moved to longer time frames. Now I do mostly index options and occasional futures trades when I spot good one.
    Regards
    Stuart

#13     Nov 27, 2007