Any African American Traders Out There?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by sicktraderII, Sep 1, 2009.

1. I honestly don't know any African American traders, but if they are out there, I would certainly like to party with them. [​IMG]

#11     Sep 2, 2009
  2. Thanks sophie. Are you anywhere between Pittsburgh and New York?

#12     Sep 3, 2009
  3. theorist

theorist

you were born and raised an african american?

#13     Sep 4, 2009
  4. African American "trader"? Sure, there's Barack Obama, Eric Holder, and Van Jones just to name a few. Whoops. Sorry. May not be the true "traders" you were actually referring to. My bad. :D

#14     Sep 4, 2009
  5. I support your point of view...

I will make a meeting where only blond trader girl between 20-26 will be autorised !

#15     Sep 4, 2009
  6. skylr33

skylr33

Yeah, they are definitely the other type of traders, aren't they? lol :p

#16     Sep 4, 2009
  7. zdreg

zdreg

could u contact the top bro to make sure a transaction tax is not enacted.

#17     Sep 4, 2009
  8. AK100

AK100

What happens if you're American and black but not originally from Africa?

For example, if your family was originally from Australia (and black) but came to America 100 years ago.

Do you then call yourself ‘Australian American’ or ‘Australian coloured American’ or even ‘American but of black Australian origin’?

It can get confusing can’t it.

#18     Sep 4, 2009
  9. The only true African American I know is a farmer from Iowa that was displaced though Zimbabwe's President Robert Mugabe's controversial land seizure program, an initiative intended to reclaim white-owned land and redistribute it to poor black Zimbabweans. The problem is that 90% of the seized land now lays dormant because no one has the skills to farm it and the Zimbabweans are starving because of it.

Twelve of his employees from Zimbabwe migrated here because of the respect they had for him and his family. All of them are now card carrying Americans or working on their citizenship and not one of them call themselves African Americans . . . they are Black Americans. They are proud of their new country and one of their son's is even serving in the Navy in Saudi Arabia.

If you are a citizen of the United States then you are an American. The color of your skin is irrelevant as is one's possible ancestry when it comes to the pride we should have in our own country. Being a good person or a good American should take priority over culture but it rarely does which is a shame.

#19     Sep 8, 2009
  10. Surdo

Surdo

The only true African American trader I have met was from Johannesburg and moved here when he was 5. Did I mention he was white?

Dave Matthews lives in Seattle but was born in Johannesburg, guess what that makes him?

#20     Sep 8, 2009