Any advice on how to get a good discount on CQG ?

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by maxima120, Dec 28, 2009.

1. yshterk

yshterk

Someone is feeding you wrong information. CQG has the software to perform the risk analysis of the account, but the parameters and rules (as to what to check for) is being set by your broker. Your FCM is accountable for your risk to the exchange, CQG just provides them the tools to do that.

You need conversation with your broker, ask them to set you up on CQG and work with them to set your risk levels the way it works for them. In most cases they will match your levels on TT with the setup on CQG. If you run into any issues or your broker needs some handholding to do it on CQG call CQG support (1 800-525-1085 in the US, +44 (0) 20-7827-8270 in the UK), they have a group that works with brokers and help them get the accounts setup properly.

#21     Jan 23, 2010
  2. yshterk

yshterk

CQG runs the spreads and other strategies on the servers that are colocated as close to exchanges as possible. Thus, the speed advantage.

#22     Jan 23, 2010
  3. Damn I already have moved to TT. RCG was 100% positive they cant change margins as they set on the CQG side...

#23     Jan 23, 2010
  4. Actually I just remembered is that I called Velocity as well and they said that CQG IC risk cannot be set by a broker....

So after 2 brokers I have accounts with told the same I didnt call CQG...

Gobbledegook!

#24     Jan 23, 2010
  5. So basically the margin in cqg is 2x of TT for you?

#25     Jan 24, 2010
  6. yshterk

yshterk

Strange. Can you tell me the names of your brokers at Velocity and RCG and we'll make sure they know how to control risk settings in CQG. You can PM them to me if you don't want to list it publicly.
    Again, risk and margins are being set by brokers and FCMs. They have 100% rights to set account parameters to anything they like to ensure their obligations to exchange are met. And another cool part is that no matter what the risk settings are your spreads are still working as close to exchange as possible to provide you with the best possible execution times.

#26     Jan 24, 2010
  7. Will PM later today. Thanks

#27     Jan 25, 2010
  8. zdreg

zdreg

learn self control.
    u sound like a kid who wants the fastest car but doesn't have the skill to drive it. self control more than cqg would definitely improve your trading alot more.

http://www.cqg.com/Electronic-Trading.aspx

#28     Jan 25, 2010
  9. ET has no moderation so I am moderating my own threads. If your post does not answer the question, it is off-topic. I cant delete you but I can tell you off.. So read my lips - no useful information - fuck off.

If I needed an advice on fast cars or self-control or impoving my trading - I'd name the thread accordingly... This discussion is over.

#29     Jan 25, 2010
  10. zdreg

zdreg

why don't you include your curse words in your handle .it will save yourself the trouble of repeating yourself.

it is obvious that u need to learn self control if u have the need to tell someone off.

#30     Jan 25, 2010