Any advice on how to get a good discount on CQG ?

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by maxima120, Dec 28, 2009.

1. No of course not much. I worked for telecoms 4 years and I know something about latency... I just want the best possible solution. Not best ever...

If the difference will be 50ms then CQG will stay. And CQG is actually cheaper than TT.

Also there is another difference - the execution in TT is hosted by a broker and the speed is down to many factors related to the broker - hardware, connectiviry, skills of IT people... So you can imagine thats vary. CQG however executes on their own servers and my orders will be in the queue with GS (which I ought to buy as I was told to do so!)....

I expect CQG to be faster.

I am setting CQG up today. Will tell you the results in few days.

#11     Dec 29, 2009
  2. the results: CQG IC is faster than X_Trader, CQG Spreader is even faster. CQG Trader may be faster but difference is very subtle if any.

the faster - means for my connection from London and to compare to TT setup by RCG and Velocity.

for a guy sitting in arcade in Chicago there might be no difference. Autospreader however still gonna be beaten by CQG Spreader.

Apparently CQG has its own risk system and margins are too big for me so I am back to XT.

#12     Jan 17, 2010

3. FYI, Brokers pay the same as everyone else for CQG, the only way you will get a discount is if the broker is paying for part of your costs. Unless you do a lot of volume and pay the broker really well, there is no way they will give you a discount.

5yr

#13     Jan 17, 2010
  4. thank you, I figured that out..

#14     Jan 17, 2010
  5. FredBloggs

FredBloggs Guest

you sure?

what business does a software house have on setting broker margins? this is total bs.

besides, professional risk is based on position size that the broker trusts you with, not margin - which is for retail chumps.

#15     Jan 18, 2010
  6. they are not software house. they execute your trades on their servers.

CQG has its own margins and broker cannot change them. CQG sets margins roughly at 50% of CME.

This is why I had to move back to TT.

#16     Jan 18, 2010
  7. let me guess...

blew up one time and moved to another software/broker

blew up twice and back to the fist one

hilarious

#17     Jan 18, 2010
  8. the answer to all ET trolls is simple - fuck off from my thread.

#18     Jan 18, 2010
  9. FredBloggs

FredBloggs Guest

they are. and they have no membership status at any exchange.

it sounds as if they have hard coded risk limits/margins in to the system.

this sucks
    it cant be true, otherwise no one would go near them. they are going after the arcade space - fixing margins at 50% would make the system unusable in an arcade.
    what is probably happening is that the servers are hosted by cqg, but the support (setting limits etc) is done by the broker via portal. no broker in their own mind would would leave their business to be run by a 3rd party.
    your broker is probably spinning you a yarn and knows ziltch. ditch what ever broker told you this.

#19     Jan 18, 2010
  10. Well. Call sales rep and ask.

Their risk management is on CQG side and is not accessible by a broker. Regardless their exchange status.

I'd go back to CQG IC if not those margins.

P.S. RCG is not the smallest broker out there.. I dont think they would do that. I sent email to CQG asking if they can change margins but they didnt even reply. I didnt bother to call though.

#20     Jan 18, 2010