Any advice on Colorado? Careers, economy?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by midlifeguy, Jun 21, 2006.

1. gnome

gnome

That's right. 500 years ago the Anasazzi Indians were driven from the valley because of prolonged severe drought.

Gonna happen to Denver, too, someday.

#31     Jun 24, 2006
  2. It really isn't a matter of drought. The mountains that supply Denver's water had a great year for snow. It is the fact that the greater front range is growing such that over the coming decades water will become a big issue. Right now they have the water-much more than in 2002 when the drought covered the entire state.

#32     Jun 24, 2006
  3. Cattle hedging has a number of traders working for them. Have no idea if their hiring but I know they move some numbers around in the meat markets.

http://www.cattlehedging.com

#33     Jun 24, 2006
  4. I am somewhat familiar with them and it would surprise me if they had any traders working there being that they are a IB of RJO for mostly commercial hedgers.

#34     Jun 24, 2006
  5. So do you ski or snowboard? When I lived in CO everyone that I knew who grew up there did not do either and almost everyone I knew who moved there from another state (like myself) either skied or snowboarded.

#35     Jun 24, 2006
  6. Very common depending on what part of the state you are in. I have lived here my entire life and have never skied and many people I know that are natives like myself have never skied. Young professionals, many from out of state, that live in the Denver area make up the vast majority of the skiing population.

#36     Jun 24, 2006
  7. What the hell was that? Everyone still have all their windows? Wow. Golf ball sized hail apparently at Kipling and Hampden.
    Ours wasn't that bad, but it made me nervous. The windows seemed like they where under attack. Man that was loud.

I think we just hit our June average - in like 30 minutes. :D

My wife was freaking over her plants.

I think I might shovel the deck. :D

#37     Jun 24, 2006
  8. I am glad I checked the weather its coming my way in Parker. We were going to walk to the tennis courts. What a disaster that would have been!

#38     Jun 24, 2006
  9. Colorado is really great. You can have a change in weather in a flash...you can have snow on Saturday and it melts off by Sunday and the sun is shining...

I remember in California we could have day after day of rain and gloom.

Its the length of the weather that is really great here, within all four seasons....

Were going to the Cork House Wine Restuarant at Happy Hour again tonight, anybody wanna come? Last night we had one drink each and it was 6 bucks with tip :)

Michael B.

#39     Jun 24, 2006
  10. SHOSTYLE

SHOSTYLE

I recently moved out of Colorado (to South Beach), and I still miss it. I am an avid skier but at my age (24) SoBe is better for me right now. I have all intentions of moving back to colorado within the next few years. Hearing the hail storm post brought back some very funny memories. As far as 'natives' go. I think people have a distorted view, The reason locals dont want an influx of people is because they are perfectly happy with the way Colorado is right now and would prefer it not to change. Summit county has already become overcrowded in the 10 years i lived there. In regards to trading, good luck. Unless you have a good enough track record and a few contacts to get into the few hedge funds in the area, CO isnt really a haven for trading. Although if you trade on your own, the world is your office...

Cheers

#40     Jun 24, 2006