Any advice on Colorado? Careers, economy?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by midlifeguy, Jun 21, 2006.

1. ohh..I have only been to one meeting and it was one of those mega-events.

I simply wanted to share that it was available here in Denver and since I met Ross, I could recommend it. He spends a lot of time organizing the DTG events. It is a great place to meet other traders.

Basically the meetings serve as a place that a vendor travels to, to present his material. There are also user groups that have re-occuring meetings for Vector Vest and that sort of trader.

Ross manages to pull in many different Vendors and their systems...I really do not know how he finds the time.

Dan, we can still meet though...This little wine restuarant (The cork House on Colfax, the owners have been in the restuarant biz for 30 years and have other restuarants) has 2 buck drinks...beer or mixed on Friday and Saturday nights from 10-midnight and we really enjoy the quaint atmosphere. We were sitting under the cherry trees last night, it truly was like a paradise out there. Wifey looked far too sexy under that evening light and lit tiki torches, with her glow and all...so we left early.

Michael B.

#21     Jun 24, 2006
  2. We just ate at Pete's Kitchen while visiting down on Colfax...great breakfast place. The best!

I think the cross street is Race.

Take care...

#22     Jun 24, 2006
  3. Isn't the CIA moving to Denver? If so, that might stimulate some business growth, but it would take a few years.

Is there still a drought problem with the southern 1/2 of the state?

#23     Jun 24, 2006
  4. Yes! I live in the southeastern corner of the state and it is dry. We have had some rain but not enough.

The real problem facing the front range is that there is not enough water to go around. I don't know where it will all come from but the price of water rights here in this part of the state have gone much higher. Aurora bought a lot of our water and the northeastern part of the state should be the next water target.

#24     Jun 24, 2006
  5. didn't they shut off California years ago and California now uses the feather river water? Perhaps they just need to quit providing water for the other states and let Coors have it all? :)

#25     Jun 24, 2006
  6. Yeah, I was just reading the local Highland Ranch Herald that for June we average 1.56 inches of rain, but so far this year we are at 0.02.
    The rains been very touch and go, some places get some others don't.

The worst thing about the rain, is that it's never Vancouver/BC rain. IE. all day rain. It's a sudden severe flash flood bucket of rain. Roads become rivers type of thing. Why can't we have normal light rain. A nice cloudy + rainy day is what I hope for. AND NO WIND!!

#26     Jun 24, 2006
  7. Water supply is best served by slow melting snow in the mountains...not run off..But in drought demand is up...

#27     Jun 24, 2006
  8. Except water demand in the front range is growing above that which the basin can supply by snowmelt.

#28     Jun 24, 2006
  9. I do not know why, but the tap water tastes better here in Colorado.

they chlorinate it, but i think they do not add that other chemical that tastes vile and kills fishes, like in California..

I really do not know...anybody know?

Coors tastes the same here though...(Homer Simpsons voice...Beeer....mmmm..love in his voice)

Michael B.

#29     Jun 24, 2006
  10. The water in the mountains and Denver tastes better because it is better. Denver gets its water right from the mountains.

#30     Jun 24, 2006