Any advice on Colorado? Careers, economy?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by midlifeguy, Jun 21, 2006.

1. Yeah, that's probably true, but the irony is that the "native" population here would total 50 without the inflows of outsiders.
    See, most of us are imports, either from other states or countries. CO would have more animals than people without the "foreigners".

#11     Jun 23, 2006
  2. http://www.denvertradinggroup.com/

I've never been. Maybe I'll go, if ES invites me. :)

#12     Jun 23, 2006

3. what's wrong with Cali??

San Diego is the best place to live in the USA by far!

#13     Jun 23, 2006
  4. Majority of the population are OUTSIDERS:D If your into sports, hiking, skiing, biking,hang gliding, mountain climbing, running, walking, skydiving,all snow sports, golf, tennis, even sailing, motorcross...spectator sports, football, baseball, hockey,basketball, racing..then you'll find something to do and people to meet.

#14     Jun 23, 2006
  5. I heard a funny saying about us Californicators........what is despised more than a Californian................a Texan. This came from my friend who is a Denver native. It seems that there are alot of CA and TX ppl here, but who knows I have only been here just over 2 years. Sure is nice to have 20% humidity in the summertime. I was a little surprised to find out that Denver gets Tornados. Heck we had one yesterday SE of the Denver. Just a little one though, not a Texas Tornado.
    I actually think the Real Estate market is a bit depressed as is the job market depending on where you live and what you do for work. Still I am not complaining, it's quite pleasant as I type this.

#15     Jun 23, 2006
  6. Its such a nice evening here in Metro Denver tonight, Wifey and I are going to a little restaurant we frequent and have a glass of wine during their happy hour that starts in 51 minutes. They have beautiful patio with music and its quite a conservative place.

Also beginning in July all restaurants will be smoke free like California...

Anyone want to join us?

Michael B.

#16     Jun 23, 2006
  7. I am originally from Ohio

Will that help? I actually may consider trading part time and doing something like Real Estate Appraisal part time for some steady money.

I hope people don't discriminate against me because I lived in CA for awhile. Trust me, I do not have CA values. That is my reason for wanting out of here. Also, the cost of living is insane here. I can live elsewhere and with the money I save, travel to beautiful places on vacation.

The weird thing about CA is that people are so into themselves that nobody takes time to build relationships. Plus, there are so many people coming and going so that doesn't help....

I am hopeful a move to Colorado will work out. I think it is better for my kid.

I will hook up to the Denver Trading group. Thanks

#17     Jun 23, 2006
  8. It was beautiful here today. I've been here for 25 years now. Back then, Texans were definitely the recipients of venom. They ski out of control, tastelessly flaunt cash, etc. etc. Then the Cali's came and overshadowed the Texans.

It's been a trade off. There is much more to do here now. Better restaurants, stores and fortune 500 companies. The price has been hellacious daily commutes and difficulty finding the solitude at your favorite camping and fishing holes.

If you're in the medical or banking field, there is a lot of that. The big high tech firms are sucking wind. Not much in the way of trading positions though, at least not that I've been able to find.

#18     Jun 23, 2006
  9. gnome

gnome

I'm a native. Seems like everyone says "they've never met one", so maybe you're right.

#19     Jun 24, 2006
  10. ES, yes smoke free restaurants will be nice, looking forward to it. It would be nice to meet you and some of the other DTG ppl in person some time. I don't attend all the meetings just some of them. Best of trading to you.

Dan

#20     Jun 24, 2006