Any "advanced level" trading strategy book recommendation?

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by GloriaBrown, Sep 11, 2013.

1. I asked the author numerous times to show us the backtest results of his system.

No answer.

#21     Oct 24, 2013
  2. How to Make a Million a day Daytrading Stocks

#22     Oct 24, 2013
  3. wise

wise

I would suggest to focus on particular trading or investing style cuz there are as much strategies as much there are different traders.

It is more important what is your personal nature. If you are patient in nature then then probably you are good in medium term investing/trading. It means waiting up to 6 months or so to meet the goal.

If you are rather impatient and would expect fast profits, then you should focus on daytrading. Nevertheless the patientce is important in daitrading also. Daytrading itself is atractive, but virtually it is most difficult in trading intraday to develope the appropriate style.

So I would suggest articles and free book of Ken Wolf - the father of momentum trading. This is a good start.

For statistics and probabilty point of view I would suggest Fortunes Formula from William Poundstone. Not so simple to read, but the details are fascinating.

I have been in market about 13 years. I started simultaneously with investing also to study and practice trading based on hard core tehcnical analysis. Now I am leaved from stockmarket to FX and I am using only 1 indicator as a triger in the strategy :).

So develope your own strategy by continuous learning and writing down the most important.

#23     Oct 26, 2013
  4. Thanks for sharing.

#24     Nov 2, 2013
  5. SteveNYC, is that a way to talk to a lady (and fellow trader)? You might want to brush up on your gentleman's manners...

#25     Nov 2, 2013
  6. Are you a fat jobless guy drinking beer in front of an old small TV in NYC? :D

#26     Nov 3, 2013