Anvil problems this morning?

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by listedguru, Jan 22, 2008.

1. newguy1

newguy1

tell anybody about what? What am I supposed to say? Do you for some reason think they don't know about this? The tech guys manually flush the quotes all day when enough people whine about it. What am I supposed to say after its been going on for over a month. We're nothing but nice to the tech guys. If I traded my own cap and this happened, i'd probably be more rude/upset in the heat of the moment. Nobody can be more pissed about this then the people who's money is at stake.

And it doesn't matter what anvil is displaying if what it shows isn't the inside market. Why do I bring that up? Because thats what was going on. Someone pulled up their scottrade elite account, which showed the inside market. How did people find out the hard way? by going market and not getting anything close to the inside.

if you put on a new trade every 3 mins, you;re probably going to notice more 'problems'; theres just that many more opportunities for things to go wrong. feel my pain fool

#41     Jan 30, 2008
  2. I think many of the people on this thread would say that you're wrong.

It's about sharing solutions to a problem instead of whining, bitching, and moaning like a 4-year old whose Mommy just took his Hershey bar away . . . I'm sure that we've all had issues at one time or another with the Anvil platform. But it's not like the guys back in Jersey are sitting around with their thumbs up their arses. If you think otherwise, I suggest that you dump Anvil and go elsewhere.
    You're a Big Boy . . . figure it out.

No one has to feel your pain, fool.
    Hope you feel better now that you vented.
    Tomorrow's therapy session will start at 2PM Eastern.
    Don't be late.

#42     Jan 30, 2008
  3. I had one disconnect early today and a bunch of late prints going off the last 5 minutes of the trading day (stuff printing to the tape out of sync, etc) or so. Not sure if that was because of the huge volume surge or what?

How was everyone else today?

-Guru

#43     Jan 31, 2008
  4. No disconnects today.
    But there was some quote "congestion" and "catch-up" about 10 minutes before the close, which in my experience in the past has been associated with SIAC servers.

Have heard that ARCA has been suffering from hardware issues over the past several days.

#44     Jan 31, 2008
  5. This is Genesis Laser all over again. Although not as bad as few days ago, I had crossed quotes on Level 2 for the first 10 minutes of trading today. Since I started using Anvil on January 2nd, I havent had more than 3 straight days without connectivity issues or crosseyed jacked up quotes on Level 2. WTF??

Yeah, I trade remote and I'm pissed. My broadband is Comcast and the connection is fine. I even did the tracert crap and tested my internet connection at speakeasy website and it flies, 7166kbps download/1531 kbps upload. I have the latest version of Anvil and use F5 vpn. So what gives?

#45     Jan 31, 2008
  6. newguy1

newguy1

#46     Jan 31, 2008
  7. newguy1

newguy1

theres nothing you can do but wait. its never going to be better until the guys who are 5 feet from the servers stop having issues.

and they are having issues. Some retard will hop onto this thread and give you 101 different suggestions on what you could do, but the bottom line is if 4 tech guys can't figure out why people trading from the hub can't get anvil to work right, you've just got to accept that this is going to be the way it is until things change, but not on your end.

#47     Jan 31, 2008
  8. Where is the Speed-Test Server located in which you are getting 7166 kbs on the download?

My guess is that you are naively using a Speed-Test server that is located very close to you. I get those same fast speeds when I test my Comcast Broadband via a server in my metropolitan area . . . But it doesn't mean crap when I Speed-Test with a server back East, like a "SpeakEasy" server located in Parsippany, NJ or New York, NY.

Try doing that, and THEN tell me what kind of speed your broadband is running at!

By the way, you did not say what kind of milliseconds you had on the "hops" back to the Assent Server that your trace-route came up with.

What were they?

And for what it's worth, don't count the first few "hops" which are part of the Comcast network. Those are meaningless.

#48     Jan 31, 2008
  9. Very funny.
    You ought to go on the Comedy Channel with your BS.
    It's not like Anvil is the ONLY platform having problems with ARCA these days . . . try taking a deep breathe and ask around a bit.

And yet you ( and your absurd EGO ) think that you have such a HUGE advantage trading from an Assent office/hub over us guys that trade via remote.

Guess those "techs" at the office never told you that your speed over that 45 megabyte dedicated line back to Hoboken travels at only 80ms.

I'm "remote" with Comcast and I'm at 88ms.

Shocker.

#49     Jan 31, 2008
  10. Again, you're pretty funny dude.

You've been "suffering" for 2 months now trading on a "horrible" software platform and yet you won't leave . . . Guess you aren't ALL that to begin with, otherwise you would have left Assent by now.

I don't know what is more pathetic . . . you bitching and moaning about how horrible Anvil is, or the fact that you have no other place to go.

#50     Jan 31, 2008