Anvil problems this morning?

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by listedguru, Jan 22, 2008.

1. newguy1

newguy1

SO BADDDDDDDDD

for two months.....

EVERY FUCKING DAY

#11     Jan 24, 2008
  2. does anyone recommend anything similar to anvil thats more reliable?

#12     Jan 24, 2008
  3. Anvil was a mess for me again this morning. Anyone know if they're working on this?

-Guru

#13     Jan 25, 2008
  4. seem to be back to normal today and yesterday. although had some stuck ecn's couple days b4.

#14     Jan 25, 2008
  5. newguy1

newguy1

normal?

what is your definition of normal?

you mean trying to hit out of your long then getting slipped because vol picks up and voila, theres a stuck bats/edgx/ise/fucking everything so you send your limit through at 136 but oh no, the bids actually at 135 fucking 65?

I'm in the god damn LA hub and its that god damn retarded.

FIX YOUR SHIT ASSENT/ANVIL/SUNGARD/WORTHLESS TECH IDIOTS/WHOEVER THE FUCK YOU ARE.

If i wasn't backed, i'd never, ever put up my own cap under these conditions.

#15     Jan 26, 2008
  6. Bobarino

Bobarino

I've been trading with Assent/Andover for over 6 years now and have never seen issues like last week. However, after checking around and LOOKING AT ECN AND EXCHANGE web-sites.... its obvious that the problems happened all over the place, just not street-wide. NSDQ admits they have problems in their data center, but they will not release who or what was effected unless its street-wide.... WHY? Because then it gives certain firms an advantage, even if its just a perceived advantage, when one firm says to their traders "Well we didn't have any issues, but Assent did."

When I called the Support Desk at Assent they were helpful and honest. If you think you can find it better somewhere else, then look around and find out. I know E-Trade and Ameritrade were OK last week, but then again they dont show every quote movement and they also do not have nearly the functionality that Anvil does.

Assent knows they have jammed too much into the sofware already, they just need to figure out what to roll back....

#16     Jan 28, 2008
  7. today took the cake

anvil----thanks a bunch- you cost me a whole lot of $$

#17     Jan 29, 2008
  8. I was told that they are upgrading their servers to handle the increased activity, etc. Hopefully they do this asap...

Anvil a mess for me today...

-Guru

#18     Jan 29, 2008
  9. Bobarino

Bobarino

Are you guys trading remotely????

I am connected through their data center and I did not see any huge issues today?

What kind of PC and internet connection are you using?

#19     Jan 29, 2008
  10. a new dell precision with a solid cable, im also hearing they are replacing some servers tomorrow

#20     Jan 29, 2008