Anvil problems this morning?

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by listedguru, Jan 22, 2008.

1. Did anyone else have problems with anvil this morning? I had tons of stuck quotes and then I guess they took down some of the ecn's? It made trading pretty difficult. I've had a few problems with Anvil the last couple of months. It was rock solid before that so I hope things are looking up :)

-Guru

2. I had quote problems on level 2 also. i hope it's a one time thing.

3. it was a mess
    it took me about 10 seconds to realize i needed to filter out most quotes

4. Today was atleast the 3rd time in the last couple months I've experienced the problems you're describing. Off the top of my head... we had the same problems after the last FOMC meeting, when Bernanke testified last week, and even after the oil inventory # a few weeks ago.

By the way, I trade remote. Are you guys in an office?

If it wasn't for the fact that I love the functionality of the software, I would have moved-on a long time ago.

5. same problem here. They were nice enough to warn us early in the morning that problem might occur.

6. I had a real hard time trading for the first half hour today. Having no idea where the market is on a volatile morning can be very costly. I really hope this does not keep up because as everyone has said, it has been very bad the past month or so on high volume days.

7. How did they warn you? Do you trade in an office? I'm remote and didn't get any 'warning.'

8. He must have the secret translation guide:

"It's not or fault. The problem is on your end." = WARNING

9. I heard quotes were slow and periodically paused for a few seconds.

I think they may be having network latency issues during busy times .. has anyone talk to ANVIL support ?

10. How was everyone's anvil this morning? I had a bunch of late nasdaq prints going off early that screwed things up. It was fixed fairly quickly but still sucks...

-Guru

#10     Jan 24, 2008