ANVIL API (Assent) Developer Thread

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by ctarmor-et, Dec 10, 2007.

1. tfjield

tfjield

Yes, you can, but you need to login to Anvil when the market is open, go into Settings, then the Account tab, then the Trader sub-tab and click on Remember Password. This will put an encrypted version of your password into the .ini file.

I recently forgot how to do this myself! Took me a while to find it again.

#191     Feb 19, 2009
  2. goodnight

goodnight

Thanks!!!

Another question: I found out, that Anvil doesn't filter out "delayed" prints. How you solved this problem?

#192     Feb 19, 2009
  3. kfadnis

kfadnis

anyone use the .NET wrapper they have ?
    I guess I wont be able to use the C++ because I have MSVC Express (i.e. without MFC) and Anvil uses MFC ? Is this correct ?

Aren't there any official Assent or Anvil API forums ?

#193     Aug 28, 2009
  4. zjc123

zjc123

Has anyone tried to incorporate another data feed into their Anvil algorithms and gotten it to work successfully? I have another data feed where I recieve very reliable level1 data and I'm trying to use that to determine when to place my orders.

The problem I'm running into is that once in a while the Anvil Process function and my other data feed object try to update my stock object at the same time and I receive errors. I've tried feeding all messages through a queue and use Critical sections on those objects accessing the queue but then my program goes into a deadlock situation.

I'm going to try to switch things over to use the windows pump but I'm not sure if it can handle the number of messages that happen during the open.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

#194     Sep 17, 2009
  5. rather than figure all this stuff out you're welcome to use tradelink, which is free and open source.

you can also look at our source code for anvil examples :

http://tradelink.googlecode.com

#195     Apr 12, 2010
  6. from release notes of 2.7.8.4:

"A setting has been added to bypass the Screen Lock feature for API users."

Does anyone know what this ini setting is? Can't find the answer anywhere.

#196     May 14, 2010
  7. jeffweng

jeffweng

For Disabling the “Screen Lock” feature, you need to add the following setting under the [Trader] Section in the .ini file –

"SCREEN_LOCK_DISABLE=1”

It doesn't work 100% like what I expected though. The Anvil still minimize itself when the waiting time is up, it just doesn't lock itself.

#197     May 17, 2010