ants can be dangerous

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by pikachu9, Jul 29, 2013.

1. There's a reason elephants are afraid of rats. Rats to elephants are like ants to people.

I stumbled upon this webpage.
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/forward-messages-and-jokes/3953-ants-can-be-dangerous.html

Incident One:

A little boy died because surgeons found ants in his brain! Apparently this boy fell asleep with some sweets in his mouth or with some sweet stuff beside him. Ants soon got to him and some ants in fact crawled into his ear which somehow managed to go to his brain. When he woke up, he did not realize that ants had gone to his head. After that, he constantly complained about itchiness around his face. His mother brought him to a doctor, but the doctor could not figure out what was wrong with him. He took an X-ray of the boy and to his horror, he found a group of live ants in his skull. Since the ants were still alive, the doctor could not operate on him because the ants were constantly moving around. The boy finally died.
    So please be careful when leaving food stuff near your bed or when eating in bed.
    This might attract ants. Most importantly, NEVER you or your child eat sweets before going to bed. You or your child might attract ants while you are asleep.

Incident Two:

Another similar incident happened in a hospital in Taiwan. This man was warded in the hospital and was constantly warned by the nurses not to leave food stuff by his bedside because there were ants about. He did not heed their advice. Ants finally got to him. His family members said that the man constantly complained about headaches. He died and a post mortem or autopsy was done on him. Doctors found a group of live ants in his head. Apparently, the ants had been eating bits of his brain.
    So friends, better be safe than sorry. Never leave food stuff beside your bed you when you go to sleep.
    Please forward this to your friends and relatives.

2. TGregg

TGregg

3. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

The ridiculous OP notwithstanding, ants are bastards. I was edging my lawn the other day (here in Tampa) and ran over a fire ant mound. The bastard lawn company is supposed to spray for them, but alas, they missed an area apparently. In a few seconds I felt the burning sensation on my feet, looked down and saw them swarming over my foot. I had all sorts of welts.

After swatting them off, I got the wasp killer spray and nuked their mound. Little fuckers. I was out there on my driveway yelling "C'mon, baby! Get some! Get some!" My neighbor was watering his garden and looked over, concerned.

4. I recall someone developed special gloves and boots to protect against fire ants. They have very long fuzzy hair. The way they work is the ants cannot get a good hold of the long hair, they fall off, so they cannot climb up to your calf (for boots) or up to your forearm (for gloves). They showed a landscaper who would always get bit or stung because he'd come across them without knowing it, but later with the boots and gloves he said he didn't get any bites.