Antonin Scalia: There Are 'Undoubtedly' Limits To A Person's Right To Carry Guns

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Free Thinker, Jul 31, 2012.

1. Lucrum

Lucrum

To be honest I'm not really the one to ask. But so far as I know if you legally own a full auto then you can certainly allow someone else to shoot it, particularly on your own property. I have not personally heard of any specific restrictions on the actual firing of a full auto.

#41     Jul 31, 2012
  2. Yes, the 3mil+ word tax code is probably the single most intrusive of all govt law/policy/whatever. It really is unacceptable, where are all the people with balls telling the govt to fucking fix it? Oh, that's right about half of us AGREE with it and would like to further govt intrusion/taxation.. and they call themselves "progressives". please.

#42     Jul 31, 2012
  3. Mav88

Mav88

I think most anybody good with guns could turn a firearm into a full auto, or turn a 30-30 semi into an 'assault' weapon (I thought all weapons were for assault), or even just make a gun and ammo. No way could one simply banish all firearms.

#43     Jul 31, 2012
  4. Lucrum

Lucrum

Actually it's more difficult than most think. First pretty much all the weapons that could be relatively easily modified are already banned here in the states. The AR15 for example needs among other things an auto sear. You'll probably want a milling machine and the plans/dimensions before you take on that project. Even then modified firearms need to be tuned to be reliable. An unreliable firearm, even a full auto one, isn't much good and can get you killed in a fire fight. Even criminals seem to know this which may explain why so few even attempt a full auto conversion.

People were building firearms in the 1200's with far less tools available than today so yes, trying to ban firearms completely would be like trying to ban sex.
    It just isn't going to work, EVER. In England where there is almost a total ban since the 60's people are building firearms in their basements, one guy has been arrested for converting starter pistols. Prohibition of alcohol didn't work, outlawing drugs isn't working and gun control has been proven not to work.
    Besides we here in the states already have 22,000 local state and federal gun laws. If gun laws stopped gun crime wouldn't we be seeing the affect of it by now?

I think most anti gun loon are either willfully ignorant of the facts and reality or just have a bug up their butts about guns.

#44     Jul 31, 2012
  5. Mav88

Mav88

Reliability, yes. I bet that a black market would evolve of makers who could get very good. I heard that afghans are good gun makers.

Posted another thread on england. Total failure of the very thing our lefty meatheads want, I agree.

#45     Jul 31, 2012
  6. Mav88

Mav88

It's not the principle of guns, Swedes proves liberals and guns can co-exist. They just hate anything associated with what a lot of us call the traditional USA.

All kinds of regs on the 2nd, but ask them to show an ID to vote and oh my, their 'rights' are being violated.

#46     Jul 31, 2012
  7. EVERYBODY is for some gun control. It's just the degree people are in disagreement about.

#47     Aug 1, 2012
  8. Lucrum

Lucrum

Absolutely NOT true.

Myth: Most Americans favor gun control

Fact: Americans believe that parents and popular culture are more responsible for
    violence in America than firearms.
    Fact: 52% of Americans in 2006 did not believe more gun control is needed.
    Fact: Only 39% believe stricter gun control is needed, down from 43% in an earlier poll.
    Fact: A 1999 survey by CBS (hardly a pro gun organization) found these responses:
    • Only 14% of Americans believe that gun control can prevent violence with guns.
    • 56% of people said enforcement of existing laws is the better way to reduce violent crime than new gun control laws.
    • Only 4% said gun control should be a top issue for the government.

Besides we already HAVE gun control. There are 22,000 local state and federal firearms laws in force now. Adding a few more isn't going to change a thing. You simply cannot miro regulate/manage stupidity or evil PERIOD.

#48     Aug 1, 2012
  9. Lucrum

Lucrum

You may be right.
    Excellent point. Despite the 2nd amendment specifically stating this RIGHT shall not be infringed upon it is in fact already being drastically infringed upon. If I have to show ID to exercise my right to purchase ammo for example why wouldn't I have to show ID to exercise my right to vote?

#49     Aug 1, 2012
  10. Lucrum

Lucrum

"Last night, in what many are calling the biggest upset in the entire State of Georgia, 16-year incumbent gun-grabber Rep. Judy Manning went down to defeat to a Georgia Gun Owners member, pro-gun champion, Republican Charles Gregory.

The district, HD-34 (Kennesaw/Marietta), which happens to be the home of Georgia Gun Owners, was blanketed by gun rights activists with information about Judy Manning's atrocious Second Amendment record..."

#50     Aug 1, 2012