antitrust suit AT&T - Tmobile merger

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by john33, Aug 31, 2011.

1. john33

john33

DOJ sues AT&T

2. somebody should sue them for incompetence. att service is just horrible where i live.
    att bought up the alltell territory where i live and they gave everyone free new phones as part of the deal. within a couple months of them going live there is a stampeed to switch back to verizon/alltell because att service just plain sucks. so now they are stuck with the bill for all those new phones that cant be used plus they paid a lot of money to verizon for the alltell territory and verizon is getting all the customers back for free.

3. Eight

Eight

fooey, now i have to switch carriers to get an iPad...

Usually things boil down to three big players and there are currently four... Strange that the DOJ would not approve this merger... One thing about T-Mobile is that they can roll out 4G without changing hardware, the other ones have to install new hardware all over the place... Blocking the merger will be good for consumers that are after 4G, near-term...

4. Eight

Eight

fooey, now i have to switch carriers to get an iPad...

Usually things boil down to three big players and there are currently four... Strange that the DOJ would not approve this merger...

One thing about T-Mobile is that they can roll out 4G without changing hardware, the other ones have to install new hardware all over the place... Blocking the merger will be good for consumers that are after 4G, near-term...

5. Eight

Eight

I guess I edited for grammar or something and wound up with extra post...

6. wolfpack

wolfpack

Moral: Bribery doesn't work.

Especially if you back it up with shitty service.