Anti-Semitism is a LIE!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by TorontoTrader2, Apr 12, 2008.

1. From the people that brought you Ponius pilot... (did he work for Delta or Continental?)

Some people referred to him as Pontius Pilate.

#51     May 7, 2008
  2. Sorry...I didn't do a spell check...I can see where its very important to your debate.

#52     May 7, 2008
  3. classic example ....just a total lack of respect for other religions....logic???? ok lets talk logic...how many Jews were on earth at that time vs other religions????? or no religion??? struggling with judaism for legitimacy??? in whose eyes?....the gospels are more then oral tradition...the book of john is an eyewitness account.....the jewish faith relies on guilt, anger, betrayal and retribution in the old testament....christ told them...your wrong...god is not an angry or vengeful god....and he called the hypocrites ....maybe this is the reason why the jews were so angry? he caught them with their hand in the cookie jar

#53     May 7, 2008
  4. saxon

saxon

All of what momo said in the previous post is essentially correct.

Face it, TM...you are arguing with a jew who knows more about Christianity than you do.

#54     May 8, 2008
  5. Yannis

Yannis

Mom0/Ph0x,

You can quote any fake source you want and post insults all you like, but for me and millions of other students of history and theology all over the world through the centuries, the Gospels are authentic accounts of what happened then, not to mention their timeless spiritual message. Believe what you like and good luck to you.

#55     May 8, 2008
  6. saxon

saxon

Yannis,

I believe that the Gospels do indeed contain many timeless spiritual truths, including authentic remnants of Jesus' teachings.

But as Momo points out, it is not an insignificant FACT that the oldest existing copies of the Gospels (except for some tiny parchment fragments) date from 300 years AFTER Jesus lived. Prior to that, they had been copied and re-copied.

300 years is plenty of time for editorial mischief, and the addition of anti-jewish polemics.

#56     May 8, 2008
  7. Actually im not arguing....anyone can do a 'GOOGLE' search to try and prove their point...Im just pointing out the lack or respect many jews have for other religions yet they demand everyone beleive bread fell out of the sky and God told the to ransack a city and to not eat a pig.

#57     May 8, 2008

8. Jews didn't do this??? LMAO!!!!

God told you to take slaves? Destroy cities? infest Eygpt with plagues? Kill the the sons of your enemy? OH...Ok...im sure that is exactly what god told you to do...no liberty taken there right?

#58     May 8, 2008

9. Sounds like Jesus seminar nonsense.

The gospels are in agreement and that's why they are accepted as authentic. Not to mention that virtually everything in them was prophesied in the old testament.

Please don't someone bring up that one gospel says a certain women went to the tomb, etc. For the Last time, It Doesn't say that ONLY a certain woman went to the tomb.

#59     May 8, 2008
  10. Exodus 21
    1 "These are the laws you are to set before them:

Hebrew Servants
    2 "If you buy a Hebrew servant, he is to serve you for six years. But in the seventh year, he shall go free, without paying anything. 3 If he comes alone, he is to go free alone; but if he has a wife when he comes, she is to go with him. 4 If his master gives him a wife and she bears him sons or daughters, the woman and her children shall belong to her master, and only the man shall go free.
    5 "But if the servant declares, 'I love my master and my wife and children and do not want to go free,' 6 then his master must take him before the judges. [a] He shall take him to the door or the doorpost and pierce his ear with an awl. Then he will be his servant for life.

7 "If a man sells his daughter as a servant, she is not to go free as menservants do. 8 If she does not please the master who has selected her for himself, he must let her be redeemed. He has no right to sell her to foreigners, because he has broken faith with her. 9 If he selects her for his son, he must grant her the rights of a daughter. 10 If he marries another woman, he must not deprive the first one of her food, clothing and marital rights. 11 If he does not provide her with these three things, she is to go free, without any payment of money.

HERE'S MY FAVORITE!!!!

20 "If a man beats his male or female slave with a rod and the slave dies as a direct result, he must be punished, 21 but he is not to be punished if the slave gets up after a day or two, since the slave is his property.

lmao.....wAS THIS THE HAND OF GOD SPEAKING OR SLAVE MASTER FROM GEORGIA!!?????

#60     May 8, 2008