Anti-religion can really get ridiculous

Discussion in 'Religion and Spirituality' started by Turok, Aug 31, 2007.

1. Turok

Turok

2. Lucrum

Lucrum

Me too.

3. "has filed a lawsuit alleging her free speech rights were violated."

Thank God for lawyers.

4. stu

stu

In this case it would be thank lawyers for God.

5. Turok

Turok

Took me a second, but good one Stu.

I'm all for sanctioned religion free schools, but I just don't follow this stand they took. It just seems like a personal moment to me and I believe we all have rights to our personal moments.

JB

6. stu

stu

At face value I agree JB. I think the Principal has gone a bit too far. He should possibly have made his own 30 sec speech after hers to chastise and humiliate her slightly where he says she is wrong and re-establish the method for proceeding..

I say that because at face value just going off the article it appears the head set up his own arrangement for a few chosen students to each have their 30 secs of fame in a rehearsed mini speech.

Now this probably - over emotional gaumless bint - decides to completely change - or pre meditatedly concocted her plan - not to go according to arrangements made, but starts proselytizing for Jesus H Christ.

The other side of the coin is Principal Brewer possibly does not want to transform what he might hitherto value as being to the betterment of the school, for these grads to be given an opportunity to say thanks and encourage others to achieve similarly.

He most likely does not want to turn things into a sermon Bible, Koran ,Torah,, Bhagavad Gita, and all the rest, thumping contest, where every student in the future feels they have to speak up for their own political agenda or god. because others - like this seemingly selfish, thoughtless, deceitful, air head - did so.

Just an alternative slant on the thing. :)