Anti-Obama film going gangbusters!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Maverick74, Aug 22, 2012.

1. Maverick74

Maverick74

It's also only playing in 169 theaters, soon to be over 1k. Moore's film at it's peak was probably in over 2k theaters. I doubt this film will come anywhere close, but it has a shot at making the top 5 all time grossing documentaries. I think Barry should be worried.

#31     Aug 22, 2012
  2. jem

jem

put it this way mr. bill.

I had no idea this was out in theatres... if it were moores movie he would be on every station and every talk show... maybe even fox.
    ---
    note... i changed my typo. "crones" to cronies above...

#32     Aug 22, 2012
  3. I would tend to agree that Obama's political leanings were not influenced by his father to any great degree. The old man wasn't around very much, and Obama was quite young when dear old dad was in the picture. The presidents political leanings were shaped by the likes of Bill Ayers, Bernadine Dohrn, Rev. Wright and a bevy of other blame America, hate America, America must be punished crowd.
    http://news.yahoo.com/fact-check-anti-obama-film-muddy-facts-072153385--politics.html

#34     Aug 28, 2012
  4. Brass

Brass

The documentary is appealing to the same crowd that revelled in Atlas Shrugged Part Un. Once all the John Galts see it, who will there be left to show it to? I'm guessing that anything Rand or anti-Obama will generate roughly the same number in box office receipts at the end of its run. Do a cartoon or a musical and expect about the same number. Let's see if this latest assault on reality does meaningfully better in total receipts at the end of its run than the Atlas Shrugged first instalment, currently residing under water.

Give or take, the patrons attending these teapot extravaganzas are pretty much the same corn flakes. The term "limited audience" refers to more than just their relatively small number.

#35     Aug 28, 2012
  5. I was talking with a couple who watched the movie. They said I should drag people to see the movie, it was that important.
    Then my buddy, who I was with, said in reply about Obama looked at me and said "I hate niggers".
    The couples who watched the movie then talked about Lubbock's crazy Judge Tom Head. They thought he was right "he's the only one with the courage to speak the truth" the husband said. Also said "Obama has everything in place to hand over control of the United States to the United Nations". Even though my buddy "hates niggers" he thought the quote from Judge Head was stupid.

#36     Aug 28, 2012
  6. Maverick74

Maverick74

I would like to interrupt this thread with some facts for a second.

Anti-Obama film's gross so far: 9.3 million

Atlas Shrugged total gross: 4.6 million

This is only the first week of wide release and it's now the 6th highest grossing political documentary of all time. It's about to pass Michael Moore's latest anti-capitalism flick.

OK, that's enough with facts for now. Go back to your falsehoods.

#37     Aug 28, 2012
  7. Brass

Brass

Oooh. $9.3 vs $4.6. Worlds apart in the rounding error universe of box office receipts. The only unfortunate difference is that the documentary will turn a profit.

#38     Aug 28, 2012
  8. Maverick74

Maverick74

Ugh....you're only off by 100% gabby, not bad. Gabby...meet Surf....Surf meet Gabby.

#39     Aug 28, 2012
  9. Brass

Brass

And $3.00 is twice as much as $1.50. Twice! Can you imagine?

#40     Aug 28, 2012