Anti-Jack Trading

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by hypostomus, Jun 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ahh, you fell for the 6 for 9 trick.

Grob-junior - very funny parody indeed! Drinking already this morning, or is that ability for stream-of-conciousness babble an innate gift?

#41     Jun 21, 2006
  2. Alas, Grob106 is not me. Way out of my class, in one all by himself. The supreme parodist, stellar compared to my humble attempts at farcical satire. And he is the Shiva of Jack threads. None can stand where he has been. Fare thee well...remember me.....exeunt all....

#42     Jun 21, 2006
  3. He must be smarter than I...cause' he uses words that Websters does not even know...let alone myself...(I can't even pronounce some of the words in hypo's vocabulary)

It is scary just to even converse with him, out of fear of being his fool....

Is this what the call tradin' with the greeks?

Michael B.

#43     Jun 21, 2006
  4. Awesome post - you really nailed it. I think your post was ever better then the crap that the original spews.

#44     Jun 21, 2006
  5. Maybe we're not wishing and hoping hard enough and sincerely enough... that's why the Great Pumpkin never materialized for Linus, after all.

#45     Jun 21, 2006
  6. If anybody can bring him back, I can. He can't stand me, nor resist an opportunity to try to make me look neurotic. Addicted to cheap shots, he is. He slunk away after the Nwbprop debacle, but his ego is so huge that he can't stay away for long. Be assured he reads every word written about him here. He's big on pontification, but not on toe-to-toe debate. He likes his audience to be in awe. Literate types are his bane, Children's Crusades his specialty. But the older I get, the better I understand him. At my age I'm not far behind him, and it's a slippery slope. I'll bet he already licks his lips involuntarily. Hasn't cut the hair out of his ears in years. Can only diddle the missus any more. Can't remember who put yesterday's porridge in the fridge. Or why the mayo is in the sock drawer.

#46     Jun 21, 2006
  7. Never in all the history of World Literature has one individual written so much which misses the mark by so far. I enjoy your posts hypostomus, I really do. You post from a different slant than most detractors. In fact, to include you in such a group lessons your value. You reside in a class all your own. While i have only had the pleasure of meeting one of you face to face, I suspect you and Jack have more in common than you choose to admit - publicly anyhow. :D

- Spydertrader

#47     Jun 21, 2006
  8. yeah, i still dont understand which side hypo is, bashin' jack to death one time and worshippin' him the next...very confusin' :confused:

#48     Jun 21, 2006
  9. Maybe he is watching and we just don't realize it. Like in the attached pic where the B Team (represented by Linus and Lucy) look for the Great Pumpkin (Jack) in vain. Sadly, all we can do is wish and hope harder and more sincerely that he'll materialize.

#49     Jun 21, 2006
  10. Q

"Happiness in Old Age Depends on Attitude"
    http://www.livescience.com/humanbiology/051212_aging_happy.html

By Robert Roy Britt
    LiveScience Managing Editor
    posted: 12 December 2005
    01:16 pm ET

Happiness in old age may have more to do with attitude than actual health, a new study suggests.

Researchers examined 500 Americans age 60 to 98 who live independently and had dealt with cancer, heart disease, diabetes, mental health conditions or a range of other problems. The participants rated their own degree of successful aging on scale of 1-10, with 10 being best.

Despite their ills, the average rating was 8.4.

"What is most interesting about this study is that people who think they are aging well are not necessarily the (healthiest) individuals," said lead researcher Dilip Jeste of the University of California at San Diego.

"In fact, optimism and effective coping styles were found to be more important to successfully aging than traditional measures of health and wellness," Jeste said. "These findings suggest that physical health is not the best indicator of successful aging—attitude is."

The finding may prove important for the medical community, which by traditional measures would have considered only 10 percent of the study members to be aging successfully.

"The commonly used criteria suggest that a person is aging well if they have a low level of disease and disability," Jeste said. "However, this study shows that self-perception about aging can be more important than the traditional success markers."

Health and happiness may indeed be largely in the mind. A study released last year found that people who described themselves as highly optimistic a decade ago had lower rates of death from cardiovascular disease and lower overall death rates than strong pessimists. Research earlier this year revealed that the sick and disabled are often as happy as anyone else.

The new study also showed that people who spent time each day socializing, reading or participating in other hobbies rated their aging satisfaction higher.

"For most people, worries about their future aging involve fear of physical infirmity, disease or disability," Jeste said. "However, this study is encouraging because it shows that the best predictors of successful aging are well within an individual's control."

The results, announced today, were reported at a meeting of the American College of Neuropsychopharmacology.

* When Money Does Buy Happiness
    * Loss of Loved One Really Can Cause Broken Heart
    * Hang in There: The 25-Year Wait for Immortality
    * The Odds of Dying

UQ

:)

#50     Jun 21, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.