(anti)-HolyGrail Day Trading Method (It applies for today's price action)

Discussion in 'Trading' started by riskfreetrading, May 15, 2008.

1. The poor baby had a bad couple of days. His last two days of calls have been horrendous. He has ruined rennick's thread by trying to prove he is better than the magic ball. He craves attention, and actually thinks he has millions of followers. He believes he is the only one who understands how to trade. Good thing I don't trade like him. I don't think I could sleep at night.

#21     May 15, 2008
  2. I think it is a pretty good return from one short-term index trade.

#22     May 15, 2008
  3. You're such a ... troll :D

You keep putting on these Shorts where your stops get blown, and then run around and annoy traders who point out the facts.

Here's your latest piece-of-work:
    riskfreetrading blows it again

... and here's a chart of the short (he did ask for a chart from me :p ). The only liar around here IS YOU.

#23     May 15, 2008
  4. I don't think it's any good at all, and neither does my buddy Holy Grail:
    Holy Grail shows'em how to trade

That's right, 5%, and from a stock trade no less. :cool:

P.S. And as you can see from my previous posts, we trade the futs, not the little unleveraged NDX (which riskfreetrading screwed-up on anyway). If he tried that move trading the NQ's he'd blowout his account in no time.

#24     May 15, 2008
  5. riskfree,
    did option expiration influence this trade? would you take a large position had it not been option expiration tomorrow?

#25     May 15, 2008
  6. Shortie,

I think option expiration can be an issue:

1. Against the trade if they want to pin it (in the case for instance of the QQQQs to 50.00) of higher.
    2. For the trade if they want to be pinned at 49.00 for the QQQQs for instance.

If tomorrow the market stays flat, then I would say it is a pinning issue. All in all, I really do not know.

The main reason for the trade is in the point that the low of a bar (for an index) intersects with the body of the precious day when price is extended from a moving average (particularly on an upmove).

#26     May 15, 2008
  7. Donot short these markets. They are rigged for the pleasure of the long investor. All your deestruction of the charts is unwarranted, your dreams of total collapse were all in your head.

Today, my staff and I paper traded like MANIACS long. We even played that song from Flashdance while we paper traded to massive gains. My staff and I celebrated with a high five and a miller lights after the close of the market. Donot get cocky with your short positions, my staff and I will be standing buy to blow white candles up your butts.

#27     May 15, 2008
  8. rdg

rdg

I actually believe there is some merit to systems that do things like risk described. Here's the equity curve of one I stumbled on. It uses different entry criteria, but it's the same principle.

This is a one lot ES over an extended period of time.

#28     May 16, 2008
  9. rdg

rdg

And here's the backtest results.

#29     May 16, 2008
  10. ah, backtesting ... :p

#30     May 16, 2008