Anti-Gun Senator Shoots Intruder

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Artful D0dger, Jul 17, 2011.

1. State Senator R.C. Soles (D - NC)
    Long time Anti-Gun Advocate State Senator R.C. Soles, 74, shot one of two intruders at his home just outside Tabor City , N.C. about 5 p.m. Sunday, the prosecutor for the politician's home county said.

The intruder, Kyle Blackburn, was taken to a South Carolina hospital, but the injuries were not reported to be life-threatening, according to Rex Gore, district attorney for Columbus, Bladen andBrunswick counties..

The State Bureau of Investigation and Columbus County Sheriff's Department are investigating the shooting, Gore said. Soles, who was not arrested,declined to discuss the incident Sunday evening.

"I am not in a position to talk to you," Soles said by telephone. "I'm right in the middle of an investigation."

The Senator, who has made a career of being against gun ownership for the general public, didn't hesitate to defend himself with his own gun when he believed he was in immediate danger and he was the victim.

In typical hypocritical liberal fashion, the "Do as i say and not as i do" Anti-Gun Activist Lawmaker picked up his gun and took action in what apparently was a self-defense shooting. Why hypocritical you may ask? It is because his long legislative record shows that the actions that he took to protect his family, his own response to a dangerous life threatening situation, are actions that he feels ordinary citizens should not have if they were faced with an identical situation.

It has prompted some to ask if the Senator believes his life and personal safety is more valuable than yours or mine.

But, this is to be expected from those who believe they can run our lives, raise our kids, and protect our families better than we can.

http://www.tpo.net/anti_gun_senator/

2. This left wing hypocrisy reminds me of the lefties who preach that we need to care for the environment, but own two SUVs and a boat, or who say we need to be "anti racist", diverse, and "multicultural", making "equality" a priority, but then move THEIR family to an all white suburb and put THEIR children in an all white private school.

3. Lucrum

Lucrum

I wonder if we'll see this story on the evening news.

4. This may be "news" 17 months ago in North Carolina. Soles pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor assault charge and paid a $1000 court cost fine in Feb, 2010.

This is what GRNC, a gun rights group in North Carolina wrote about Soles:
    "As much fun as it is to catch anti-gun politicians in their own hypocrisy, this is not the case. In the interest of fair play and truth, GRNC (Grass Roots North Carolina) is compelled to point out that while not excellent, R.C. Soles is not a "virulent anti-Second Amendment activist" nor a "vociferous anti-gun zealot" [T]he charges are simply not true - he is mediocre at worst and has voted with us on most major issues."

[​IMG]

5. wjk

wjk

Liberal superiority complex: Do as I say, not as I do. Remember Rowan? Another anti gunner using his gun for self-defense. I expect no armed liberals to hand over their "assault weapons" or other firearms if they are ever outlawed on a national level. I wonder how the pro gun liberals feel about the anti-gun liberal drones promoting gun control while they succumb to the mind control of their hypocrite leaders.

6. Democrats are becoming more and more pro gun.Libs being anti gun really isnt an issue any more except for a few states

http://www.salon.com/news/feature/2007/04/18/dems_and_guns

Today, a substantial portion of the party's new standard-bearers are pro-gun, or at least anti-gun control. Howard Dean, the former Vermont governor who now heads the Democratic National Committee and is the favorite of the new party power base emerging from the Internet, has long been an opponent of gun control. So has Sen. Jim Webb, D-Va., the man whose squeaker victory in November gave Democrats control of the Senate and who was selected to give the party's response to President Bush's State of the Union address this year. Last month, one of Webb's aides was arrested on his way in to a Senate building with one of Webb's guns in his possession. Webb responded with a spirited defense of his right and need to bear arms. Even Sen. Harry Reid, D-Nev., the new Senate majority leader, is pro-gun.

A survey done by Americans for Gun Safety has shown that 54 percent of union households own a gun.

http://liveshots.blogs.foxnews.com/2010/07/26/pro-gun-dems-may-get-a-boost/

The National Rifle Association, by far the most powerful pro-gun lobby in the country, spends massive amounts of money to protect the right to bear arms, donating cash to candidates and political action committees. While Republicans receive the majority of the organizations endorsements and money, over the last 10 years, the NRA has dramatically increased funding for Democratic candidates.

“I think finally the message hit home that it’s bad politics to be on the wrong side of the 2nd amendment at election time and I think you see that reflective in what’s been happening on this issue amongst Democrats in Washington, DC and state legislatures around the country.” said Wayne LaPierre, CEO of the National Rifle Association.

“Gun ownership in the country amid labor unions folks runs from a low of 48% in California to a high of 60, 70, 80% in states like Missouri, Tennessee, West Virginia. In the 2000 election, half of those union members had a firearm in their home voted for George Bush over Al Gore based on the gun issue and that cost Al Gore the presidency.”

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0509/22685.html

Democrats hold fire on gun control

Last week, 27 Senate Democrats joined Republicans to pass an amendment that allows concealed weapons in national parks.

This week, the Senate could take the first step toward overturning a gun control bill passed by their own Democratic brethren more than a decade ago.

After a soul-searching exile, the Democratic Party that regained control of both Congress and the White House in the past two election cycles is proving in many ways to be a distinctly different breed than the one that last ruled the capital.

Nowhere has that transformation become more evident than on the issue of gun control, which was promoted by Democrats in 1992 to attract suburban voters and abandoned by Democrats in 2008 to gain support among rural voters.

The Senate Veterans Affairs Committee is expected on Thursday to advance the Veterans Second Amendment Protection Act, which is being co-sponsored by Sens. Jim Webb (D-Va.) and Richard Burr (R-N.C.).

The legislation would overturn a section of the law that prohibits veterans who are unable to manage their finances from obtaining a firearm. The bill maintains a 1990s gun restriction on veterans found to be a danger to themselves and others.

Asked about the legislation, Paul Helmke, president of the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, sighed. “I don’t understand why it’s needed,” Helmke said, adding that there’s an appeals process for veterans who feel they have been unfairly denied guns.

“The Supreme Court has said, yes, there are rights, there are gun rights. The Supreme Court has also said there are responsibilities. This bill goes beyond gun rights and overlooks responsibilities,” he added.

Several political forces are driving the Democratic gun control conversion.

The most obvious one is that gun control turned out to be a losing issue for dozens of Democrats.

Republicans gained 54 House seats in 1994, in part because of voter backlash at the passing of an assault weapons ban and other gun measures.

A major force behind those victories was the National Rifle Association, an organization that has ebbed from the headlines but still holds considerable political influence.

“The NRA and its allies have succeeded in making the slippery slope argument stick,” said Al Cross, director of the Institute for Rural Journalism and Community Issues at the University of Kentucky. “Any form of gun control is a step in the direction of outlawing guns. People have heard that for so many years, it’s become a very hard thing for Democrats to go against.”

NRA spokesman Andrew Arulanandam said simply: “Our job is to monitor them and make sure they vote the right way.”

More broadly, allegiance to gun control was constraining the party’s efforts to claw back on top.

Even if the Democrats could win all the House seats in the urban areas and liberal enclaves, it wouldn’t be enough for a majority. The party had to find a way to accommodate conservatives, and it aggressively did so in the past two cycles.

Now, “there are a lot of Democrats, primarily from rural states, for whom the Second Amendment is an article of faith,” Cross said.

Finally, party leaders realized the issue shouldn’t be narrowly viewed as a regional concern — or even a strictly conservative one. Former DNC Chairman Howard Dean is a pro-gun liberal; Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid is a pro-gun moderate.

7. Eight

Eight

Thanks for info AK... now if we can get Republicans to want the 4th amendment back and do an exit strategy on the War on Drugs and Libs to go with "Loser Pays Court Costs" we might be able to return to civilized and sane life and discourse...

8. I support both those suggestions

9. ===============
    AK48-Good hits on the target, so to speak.LOL
    Several other 2nd ammendment freedom fighters have helped;
    Larry Pratt, GOA [Gun Owners of of America],

Neil Knox[spelled same as Fort KNOX]:D .

And a small but very powerful group I have helped & still do. They fired the ''shot heard round the world''. Aaron Zellman ,JPFO[Jews for Possession of Firearms Ownership]:cool: They have uncovered amazing parallels between Nazi Gun laws & American Gun laws[[''sporting purpose'', as our the constitution says that- it does not]:cool:

Murray TT;
    NRA Life........................................................................

#10     Jul 18, 2011