Anti-caking units in salt

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by nealvan, Jan 11, 2008.

1. don't add salt to food and avoid those food products with lots of salt. don't listen to idiots recommending 'sea salt'.. it's still salt :D

salt has strong association to many of the long term health problems in modern populations..

http://www.foodandhealth.com/cpecourses/salt_new.php

#11     Jan 15, 2008
  2. I never use any salt on my food & also eat mostly fresh unprocessed foods. I also workout everyday (cardio) & lift weights 4 times a week, & drink a lot of water.

The combination of not adding salt, sweating when working out & drinking a lot of water results in lack of salt in the body, or some imbalance of minerals. Too much or too little of salt is not good.

I found I would get rundown & have no energy, especially during the summer when I sweat more, so I started adding a splash of a sports drink to my water to replace the potassium & other minerals & that makes up for the lack of salt & you get your energy back. It adds only a few calories to your water & a little taste.

An aerobics instructor with kids told me about Pedialyte which is for babies & will set your body straight immediately in an "emergency". I tried it once (it's a drink & taste like apple juice, but it's expensive) & I felt fantastic !!

#12     Jan 15, 2008
  3. Banjo

Banjo