Anti-caking units in salt

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by nealvan, Jan 11, 2008.

1. nealvan

nealvan

I don't know if they still do it but I read one time that salt with unsafe anti-caking units in salt causes long term health problems. One of them being kidney damage. That might explain why people have so many health problems including being overweight. There's not a lot of information on this but I believe it to be true.

2. maxpi

maxpi

get sea salt. It's sun dried, has trace minerals in it, it's addicting. That stuff they sell as table salt has been heated to horrendous temperatures for some reason, it just isn't what your body needs.

3. nealvan

nealvan

Yeah I eat sea salt all the time. The brand I get comes out of Utah. My only complaint is plastic bottles. Redmond Realsalt it's called. You can get it shipped free if you have a prime membership at amazon like I do.

4. maxpi

maxpi

Sea salt is a necessary item for cooks that know what they are doing, I get it in [plastic] bags from the health food store but probably some supermarkets have it..

There probably still is stuff in our food that is damaging, high fructose sweeteners are not that good, your liver has to process fructose, and even though it's found naturally in fruits, too much at one time can damage the liver... I'm thinking of a 64 oz. giant soft drink for example.

There are two basic problems with our food, stuff that is in there that is not healthy and things that are missing due to centralized and money/efficiency oriented food production [factory farming]. Omega3, CoQ10, minerals, etc. have to be supplemented unless you eat only range-fed meat/eggs... In my wanderings I have found that some nutrients are not to be found in enough supply even in nature, to me that is evidence that the great flood changed the earth and the food supply and even in the best of natural food supplies we aren't getting all we need... you can't eat enough of anything to get a full supply of Acetyl L Carnatine.

The factory farming thingy has taken a marginal situation and pushed it over the edge really...

5. nealvan

nealvan

I couldn't agree more. I order meat from US Wellness as do many bodybuilders. It comes frozen to the door and is the only place that I have found that ships it this way for a reasonable price. They are nearly organic and the beef has more omega3's than fish. The fat is actually good because it contains CLA's.
    I supplement COQ10 though because you can't get enough of it when you get older. I always get qsorb or some kind of gel because powder just isn't going to absorb. If you ever have liver problems take milk thistle which is also one of the most powerful anti-oxidants.

6. nealvan

nealvan

So you have too much salt in your system. Not good.. While salt is good and is essential for everything else to work too much is not good. What's the remedy? While I've found with salt that you have to have the right ratio of potassium.

7. The great flood?:confused:

8. Might that be why most animals use salt licks, eat mineral clays and eat medicinal foodstuffs?
    Doesnt the fact that most earth landmasses were underwater at some time, point to oceanic deposits actually being the primary source of minerals and trace elements, actually still in the ground?

I'm baffled by your point about "the flood", i have to imagine you mean a freshwater flood, and possible leaching effects on that singular basis, except that everything that's available came from the sea to begin with, imo.

Dinosaurs and other fossils have been found with gastroliths, i wonder if the common assesment they were simply to aid digestion is entirely accurate.

9. Banjo

Banjo

10. Banjo

Banjo

#10     Jan 13, 2008