Anthony's journal

Discussion in 'Journals' started by anthony_trader, Jan 23, 2004.

1. Thanks MRWSM

#11     Jan 23, 2004
  2. Quote from MRWSM:

"Well Anthony, didn't know you were him. Looks like you have an awesome track record. Keep doing what you have been doing."

WHAT TRACK RECORD WOULD THAT BE?

:confused:

#12     Jan 23, 2004
  3. lindq

lindq

That's the track record where somebody stands on the track in front of the speeding bull market and gets run over while they wave a flag yelling SHORT SHORT SHORT. A new one every day. Arms, heads and guts spread over the countryside for the past 90 days, and nobody learns. Well, at least the fools are providing liquidity.

Listen up folks, and write 20 times on the blackboard: THE TREND IS YOUR FRIEND!

#13     Jan 23, 2004
  4. jooste

jooste

Hi there Anthony;

I agree in principle going short. I'm running shorts on SMI and DAX. Increased today quite considerately. Your journal I will follow with interest. However, support your decisions for the community through fundamentals/technicals, that way we can see/you can prove to us the stuff traders are made of.

Good profits Anthony

#14     Jan 23, 2004
  5. DHOHHI

DHOHHI

So many of you guys keep ripping the shorts. Hate to break the news to you but there's plenty of money to be made on the short side in this market. Want ideas or examples? Today KLAC was a great short, XLNX carried over from yesterday after it hit an outlandish $45+. Semi's are so obvious to play short. Bottom line is a trader can make money on BOTH side of the market most every day.

#15     Jan 23, 2004
  6. While I don't know if Anthony and Speakingout are legit or not, thier appearance is taking the contour of a familiar confidence scheme.

Here is hHow you do it. You post on one Website board under one alias and on another Website under a different alias. You starts as "speakingout and pleads for advice for his friend Anthony, a great self made trader. Then when the suckers are panting, Anthony makes his appearance. On one board he calls a near term top. If the market pulls back, he says, "see, I am a genius". If it pulls back deep or the intermediate term trend changes downward, he says, "see, I am a supergenius". On the other website he appears as "Andy", (having shown up after a seeming innocent introduction by "Interlocutor") and says, "we are entering a consolidation, but new highs are in the offing in the next couple of months. New highs come and "Andy" says, "see, I am a genius".

If the pullback comes, Andy fades away never to be heard from again, and Anthony offers a subscription to his new service hoping you will celebrate his new life with him. If new highs occur, Anthony disappears and Andy offers the readers at the other Website a subscription to his service.

Its an old con used in one form or another.

The same dweeb is behind the green curtain acting as Anthony, Andy and Speakingout, hiding on the internet from scrutiny, probably hounded by lawsuits, state investigations, bill collectors, lawyers seeking child support payments , etc.

Absolutely true DHOHHI. You just have to be quicker on profit taking on the short side now.

#16     Jan 23, 2004
  7. Thank you so much for helping to clear up a lot of confusion that has occured recently with all of the TOP PICKING that has been going on lately.

For awhile there, I was thinking that there were about a half a dozen people using the same screen name!

:D

#17     Jan 23, 2004
  8. MRWSM

MRWSM

I was referring to the claim of $15k to $250k in 8 years. If true it is good. I don't personally agree with his short pos, but if he has been doing so good I would say just keep on going, a loss here and there is expected. IMO market has a lot of upside left.

#18     Jan 23, 2004
  9. Mecro

Mecro

Good stuff,

Definitely explains this supertrader's inability to make decisions.

#19     Jan 24, 2004
  10. look, me and speakingout are two different people. I don't know why we have to explain ourselves.

#20     Jan 24, 2004