Anthony Robbins - Neurolinguistic Programming (NLP)

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by James Daniel, May 11, 2006.

1. Be my guest, show yours first.

BTW, I never talk out of my arse. I have my doubts about James Daniel though.

#41     May 17, 2006
  2. True, but that is all you ever spout.

What type of proof/evidence do you require?

Surely you understand that a trader is really battling himself and not the markets. We all should know by now that no one person can change the markets, unless you've got some serious leverage behind (SERIOUS LEVERAGE). It is ultimately the trader that decides how much he will take from the market (also dependant upon his 'edge').

#42     May 17, 2006
  3. In my opinion, nononsense is one of the few people here who does not talk out of his ass. Several others would be well advised to consider breath mints.

#43     May 17, 2006
  4. It's strange why he is quick to dismiss the positive effects of working on ones pschology when trading the markets. Every book, review and biography you read has a dedicated section to developing the right pschology (including the greats).

The main areas a trader needs to focus on is:

1) keeping an edge in the markets
    2) effective risk/money management
    3) developing the right psychology

This is what I have picked up from my 3 years of reading and learning.

#44     May 17, 2006
  5. Send us a postcard when you start trading.
    :D

#45     May 17, 2006
  6. I have been trading with 'real' money for six months, averaging around 10%.

And you?

#46     May 17, 2006
  7. You can peg nononsense at about 20% a month or doubling every 4 months; you are doubling every 8 months or so.

#47     May 17, 2006
  8. If that is true, then excellent, that is something I aim to achieve with further experience and I apologise for my words earlier :)

#48     May 17, 2006
  9. The relevance of trading psychology presupposes a viable trading strategy already being in place. For some people, this viable strategy is enough. Others apparently need more than that to keep them on track. Even so, first things first.

And as for the psychology part, at the "risk" of repeating myself:

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&postid=1069316#post1069316

#49     May 17, 2006
  10. But my point is, it can only help to improve your trading by working on your psychology, as long as your not deluding yourself.

I am concerned that traders that are supposed to be consistently taking money from the markets are quick to play down the relevance of psychology. Maybe if they inbraced such techniques, they may find it a benefit to their trading activities - i.e. improve the amount the take from the markets.

Anthony Robbins is someone I came across when looking up on the subject of psychology (I enjoy studying varies topics in my spare time) and he has some appeal, especially in the techniques he promotes. As long as you're no deluding yourself, it can only benefit your life, and at worst, have no effect whatso ever :D

P.S. As stated previously, you really don't need to pay to research techniques, such as NLP. There are plenty of free guides online. Anthony Robbins seems to be one of the most successful at promoting this particular technique.

#50     May 17, 2006