answer this if you make money

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Gordon Gekko, Aug 21, 2002.

1. Publias

Publias Guest

Don't misunderstand me ElCubano, I don't think this is easy game we play at all, but it sure as hell is simple...

The diffulty of it is all internal... I have "methods" that I am sure I can train a monkey to carry out, but give me a human and its a different story!

"Man is the only animal to blush; he is the only one that needs to"
    ~Mark Twain~

PEACE and good trading,
    Publias

#51     Aug 22, 2002
  2. Publias

Publias Guest

Oh and again I think you are equating easy and simple... Two totaly different things... The understanding that will bring you to a place in which you are no longer concerned with these things is indeed VERY simplistic in nature...

#52     Aug 22, 2002

3. Now see that's on its way to a deep truth dog, EVERYTHING is simple if you look at it from a point of understanding!

'Simple' is a SUBJECTIVE description that requires integrated knowledge on the part of the describer.

Like Steven Wright said, 'if a word were misspelled in the dictionary how would we know?'

If what is simple to us is complicated to someone else, how would we know? Well, the fact that they ain't getting it right provides a clue....

So perhaps saying it's simple is worthless, because for them to get to a point where they can see is the whole ball of wax!

It's right there! Where? Right there! I can't see it! What do you mean you can't see it, it's right in front of me! Really, then why can't I see it? I don't know, come over and stand where I'm standing!

Come over and stand where I'm standing.

Bim.

#53     Aug 22, 2002
  4. Publias

Publias Guest

You can only show them where the door is Dark, they will be the ones who have to walk through it...

#54     Aug 22, 2002

5. LOL i thought that was what I was saying...and in my efforts to get peeps thinking, trying to demonstrate all along....:p

#55     Aug 22, 2002
  6. ElCubano

ElCubano

synonyms EASY, FACILE, SIMPLE, LIGHT, EFFORTLESS, SMOOTH.......Maybe its me english....:confused:

#56     Aug 22, 2002
  7. Publias

Publias Guest

Professor I was simply agreeing with you... I just got done watching 'The Matrix'... :)

PEACE

#57     Aug 22, 2002
  8. Magna

Magna Administrator

Bim?

#58     Aug 22, 2002

9. Bwamp? Bling Bling? Boo-yah? ShockaRockaKhan?

#59     Aug 22, 2002
  10. LOL. shit man,... 5min later i'm still laughing at that... (stupid sense of humor maybe?)

Dark, I'm with you on the pointlessness of calling trading 'simple' or 'easy'.. it's way too subjective to just say "trading is simple"..
    and that calling something 'simple' is usually a sign you are very good at it, no matter how 'complex' it appears to others

such a comment also really depends on what you mean by 'trading'.
    'trading' is 'easy' compared to manual labor, in that all it takes is looking at a screen and pushing a couple of buttons..
    'trading' is 'simple' compared to detective work, in that there are only two possibilities (compared to many)

Don... just how are the things you talk about inherently any 'simpler' than looking at a moving average on a chart? (i'm not knocking them, i use them all myself..but they are not 'simpler' than anything else discussed here) ..what about your OOs? someone could say to you..geez don, all those calculations and 'envelopes'..."keep it simple man!"...see? talking about 'simple' is useless

and, dark mentioned it already, what does "batting average" have to do with it?... even for a daytrader, i'll tell you straight up, it is only a small, small part of the whole game... for example, even though my stops are usually much wider, i'll often get out with only a 5c loss cos things didn't 'look right' (based on experience - there's nothing 'simpler' than that!).. those littles losses take my batting average down quite a bit...do i care? hell no...

#60     Aug 22, 2002