answer this if you make money

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Gordon Gekko, Aug 21, 2002.

1. To identify potential extremes, you could perhaps create an indicator based around the bollinger band concept:

indicator = (close - average ) / standard deviation

If it gets to + or - 2, you either have a very strong trend or potential exhaustion point. You could maybe incorporate some other tools to decide whether to fade the move.

Hope this helps.

#21     Aug 21, 2002
  2. Damn, I have to give away all my secrets -- oh well.

Here is a 5 day, 5 minute graph of ESU02:

E-mail me for more details on calculating the tangent of the slope of the 75 MA for further information on the statistical implications of this approach (tron@mailzone.com):

#22     Aug 21, 2002
  3. for the cheetah, i'm thinking fast.
    for the venture capitalist, i'm thinking willing to take risk.
    for the leveraged buyout, i looked up leveraged and it said

"borrowing of money to purchase company: the borrowing of money to purchase a company, relying on it to make enough profit to cover the interest payable on the loan"

#23     Aug 21, 2002
  4. Wow GG, that was good. Whether or not it is the answer... it cetinly could be.

Be quick to take your profits using as much leverage as you can.

Nice going! I've really only figured out that...

#24     Aug 21, 2002
  5. Magna

Magna Administrator

aphexcoil,

Not sure what you mean by the above in light of some of your recent posts. On another thread you stated:
    Yet two days later you're posting a chart and giving advice on the index futures? Later on the same thread you said:
    And further along the same thread you said
    When Publias asked you if you have ever actually traded you failed to answer him on your own thread, which leads a reasonable person to only one conclusion. Anyway, just wanted to add a touch of perspective to your "secrets" giveaway. :confused:

#25     Aug 22, 2002
  6. Hendrix

Hendrix

Busted

#26     Aug 22, 2002
  7. bone

bone

GG: I don't trade daily bars. So sorry. If I did, I would be more inclined to trade levels. Notice how 8800 is holding like a champ in the Dow?

#27     Aug 22, 2002
  8. Magna,

I have traded before, but not e-mini futures. However, I have been studying them extensively and just wanted to share a very simple approach that works well on paper.

As for not answering the other person's question, I am sorry -- I must have run by it without seeing it. Yes, I have traded bonds, stocks and options. I have yet to trade futures.

aphie

#28     Aug 22, 2002

9. that's a start....you've broken the surface...now if you Really want it, keep digging :)

#29     Aug 22, 2002
  10. Its starting to get really deep in here. If I wanted fortune cookie philosophy, I'd rent a kung fu movie. If I wanted an incomprehensible puzzle, I'd read some Emily Dickinson.

#30     Aug 22, 2002