answer this if you make money

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Gordon Gekko, Aug 21, 2002.

1. darkhorse,

i sincerely thank you for taking the time to respond like that to someone you don't even "know." very much appreciated.

#111     Aug 23, 2002
  2. i've always had this dilemma...

i know everyone talks about cutting their losses short and letting the winners run...but isn't this what everyone is trying to do? is there some way to take advantage of this? for example, knowing that a lot of people get stopped out a lot and that there is "noise," should we go for small gains instead of big gains? how can we bet that there will be noise and take advantage of that? is it even a good idea?

#112     Aug 23, 2002
  3. ENCHANTER

ENCHANTER

LISTEN FELLOW TRADER'S

I STARTED OUT SPENDING NINE MONTHS, COLLATING, ORGANIZING AND SIMPLIFYING DIFFERENT METHODS, SOME ALREADY IN CIRCULATION, OTHERS I HAVE PERSONALLY DEVELOPED.

BACK TESTED MY TRADING ROUTINE (WHICH HAS KNOW BEEN COMPLETELY SYSTAMIZED)

IN ESSENCE ITS A UNIQUE COMBINATION OF THE FOLLOWING COMPONENTS:::
    RECIPRICAL CONFIRMATION SYSTEMS
    GENERALIZED ENTRY/EXIT SYSTEMS WITH HOMING INDICATORS
    TIGHT MONEY MANAGEMENT

I SOLELY TRADE THE FTSE WITH SPREAD BETTERS

#113     Aug 23, 2002
  4. and those are?

sounds like some sort of missile....

#114     Aug 23, 2002

5. Great post. I think it will hit home to a lot of traders on this site. What you talked about in the above quote is so hard to do to yourself. I don't think most people are honest enough with themselves to admit that they are not cutting it. It is easier to blame the market, the software, your commission rate (assuming you are not getting "cornholed "of course), your office environment, or anything else except that YOU are not cutting it. I have been there myself. Actually I still feel like I am in the churning phase. Actually though maybe that is the way most traders feel though. Once they start making $500 a day then they start expecting more. You see the possibility of making $1500 a day but you just can't get there. So the journey continues. If you keep making posts like this you might get your own Darkhorse Gem series too

#115     Aug 23, 2002
  6. That was a terrific post darkhorse, one of the best I have read here on elite, I am glad you decided to return here.

#116     Aug 24, 2002
  7. Let me be the umteenth to congratulate Darkhorse for an excellent post.

#117     Aug 24, 2002