Answer the phone TradeStation!

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by Surdo, Oct 27, 2008.

1. TradeStation is a great platform, full of bells and whistles. Their strategy development programming capability is a god-send to traders who want to test their ideas.

But as a broker? Never. The original poster is correct. They don't answer the phone. Now picture this: the market is tanking, you are long and your platform just crashed. You get on the phone immediately and you wait, and you wait and you wait. Meanwhile, your equity has crashed, you are up for a margin call (and you KNOW they will be on the phone immediately for that) and you need a drink and a bottle of Pepto.

I love the guys, I've been with them for a dozen years. But I WOULD NEVER have a brokerage account with them. One need only read the support board (and I know they remove a lot of negative posts) to know that they have cost traders serious money over the years since they started their brokerage.

Need I say more????.....

#11     Oct 27, 2008
  2. bxptone

bxptone

Oh others notice this too?

#12     Oct 28, 2008
  3. TraderBS

TraderBS

It appears they abruptly eliminated day trading margins for futures. Maybe this caused a large amount of calls? (no pun intended).

Does anyone know the background on this?

BTW, I think the platform is excellent and I have used TS for many years - TS8, TS4 via satellite, Supercharts, System Writer, etc.

#13     Oct 28, 2008