Another Wingnut Revival is On the Way

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Free Thinker, Aug 9, 2012.

1. Another Wingnut Revival is On the Way
    August 9, 2012 at 10:36 am Ed Brayton
    Do religious right groups do anything other than push their repressive political agenda and organize revival meetings? Every few weeks there’s a new event announced, with names like 40 Days to Save America or America for Jesus. Here’s a new one, Cry Out America, planned for — when else? — 9/11. It’s the same list of groups that are always involved in such events, like the Family Research Council, the Christian Broadcasting Network, The Call, Intercessors for America and other similar groups. And of course, they have a promotional video with appropriately triumphant must declaring that “darkness has engulfed our nation.”

http://freethoughtblogs.com/dispatches/2012/08/09/another-wingnut-revival-is-on-the-way/

And they say:

On September 11, 2001, America was shaken to its foundation by a series of surprise terrorist attacks. All of us were awakened to the new reality of global terrorism. 10 years later our nation needs to be awakened again, not just to the threats of terrorism, but to our critical spiritual condition.

Americans are now in desperate need of a fresh Christ Awakening. Our economy has been deeply shaken. Overall church attendance continues to decline across the nation, America is now the third largest mission field in the world and an entire generation is growing up with little understanding of absolute truth. Yet, in what appears to be a very trying time for the Church in this nation, we believe that America is on the verge of a sweeping move of God’s Spirit that will touch every state, every county and every heart. Americans are now in desperate need of a fresh Christ Awakening.
    It seems that America is forever on the verge of a great Christian revival. All you have to do to make it happen is send money to these groups and show up to pray to no one at the appointed time. And then do it again in 3 months when the next one takes place. And the next one. And the next one. Of course, the real purpose of these events is to A) raise money and B) expand the mailing lists of these organizations so they can (see A) raise more money.

2. Lemme guess, Glenn Beck.

3. I have to remind both of you that you narrowly avoided going on ignore before. Don't make me regret my decision.

4. The great prophet AAA who brought us Palin will be our next president, then Bachmann will be our next president then he got all pepperoni excited about Cain being our next president, has spoken. No soup for you.

5. please dont i beg of you. i enjoy making fun of the alternate reality you live in.