Another Very Simple Trading Strategy

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by ewile, Jan 12, 2003.

1. As I was driving to my office yesterday I finally "got" your name. Geez... my brilliance sometimes could illuminate the entire area beneath an overturned thimble!

Big, I wanted to ask you for your opinion then about the NR/ID stuff. My understanding is that when this method goes into play, the day is supposed to be a trend day. You mentioned the increase volatility as a result of the participation.

My question is, are you now not seeing trtrend days? Or are you seeing trend days with greater intraday volatility?

Thanks.

:)

#31     Jan 15, 2003
  2. I haven't been looking at NR days for too long, but a system trading NR days was published in Active Trader magazine and it is definitely not profitable to trade that system the last few years.
    I have just seen greater volatility but there are still tradeable trends there.

COF was a NR4ID on Tuesday, and it went straight down on Wednesday nicely. However as per Toby Crabel, the strong directional bias was up and that was the path that was most easily traded.
    However with that said, I'm sure Toby Crabel has adjusted his tactics since publishing his findings in view of the times.

Here are some other NR4ID's from Tuesday to trade Wednesday that you may want to look at how they trade Wednesday.
    OMC ADI MIK WHR TGT BSC.
    NR7's
    IBM JNJ LEH MER ITW HRB

As I was driving to my office yesterday I finally "got" your name. .

:)

Plz tell me what you got, cause I don't get what you didn't get:D

BTW,
    I'm a big guy and my name is Joe and my last 3 letters of my last name are dez. bigjoe''s my nickname but that was taken.:)

#32     Jan 16, 2003
  3. Well bigjoe should give it up cuz I never see him post. Thx for the response on NR's. I have coded into excel the Raschke connors thing with their formula for volatility. I also have for nr7's too. But like most things I don't bother to actually use it.

Sometimes I cannot make out your handle... after looking at these crt's all day my eyes blur. So I was thinking about your post and I thought your handle was "bid_idez" like big ideas!

Guess not big joe.

#33     Jan 16, 2003
  4. TBA

TBA

Hey ewile, I like it ! Thanks for sharing !

#34     Jan 18, 2003