Another USA suicide shooting

Discussion in 'Politics' started by TorontoTrader2, Feb 14, 2008.

#11     Feb 15, 2008
  2. guess who Mika's daddy is? LOL LOL LOL world govt globalist and prominent Obama handler. these people hate our freedoms.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/22t58MfwxKk&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/22t58MfwxKk&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

this is what they are referring to:

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Uoiavq8JC4E&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Uoiavq8JC4E&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

and the media hates guns protecting us.. so they claim it is suicide:

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/A0D0X43kPDM&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/A0D0X43kPDM&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

#12     Feb 15, 2008
  3. saxon

saxon

I could support putting undercover armed air marshalls on ALL aircraft over a certain size or passenger load, and at government expense. Seems a reasonable use of tax dollars, though I have no idea how many dollars we might be talking about.

Arming the pilots? Nah. I'd rather have them focused on flying the airplane, thanks. Just make sure that the cockpit door is locked like a bank vault.

#13     Feb 15, 2008
  4. well.. if the cockpit is sealed.. then having access to guns for the pilots wouldn't effect their ability in any way shape of form. if the "vault" was compromised then i want them to have those guns. it hurts my brain to think how someone wouldn't at that point.

#14     Feb 15, 2008
  5. Pekelo

Pekelo

Not much imagination there. Not every airline hijacking is for suicede missions. If I start to execute the passengers 1 per minute, the pilot is most likely to open up the vault, or end up with 200 dead.

And I might just wanted fresh candy...

Also random airmarshalls save planes RANDOMLY...

#15     Feb 16, 2008

6. not much imagination there... if they are random then the "hijackers" have no idea which flights they will be on. this "not knowing" is a deterrent in and of itself. if the hijackers know the pilots are armed this also is a deterrent.

what is the argument for not using these methodologies? that they don't work 100% of the time? ummmmm.... LOL

#16     Feb 16, 2008
  7. wonder why they built a high school shaped like a pistol?

<embed style="width:400px; height:326px;" id="VideoPlayback" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="http://video.google.com/googleplayer.swf?docId=-4620362334534769635&hl=en" flashvars=""> </embed>

#17     Feb 16, 2008
  8. Another one! Another crazed american extremist strikes in a suicide attack.
    Makes you wonder why he hated freedom.

What is radicalizing and breeding these domestic terrorists?

What is wrong with this society? I thought this only occured in Iraq (and only after the occupation began)

========================

Fireman, Gunman Dead in Wendy's Shooting
    By BRIAN SKOLOFF – 1 hour ago

WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. (AP) — A gunman in a jacket and tie wordlessly opened fire inside a Wendy's during the lunchtime rush Monday, killing a firefighter who had gone back to fetch the toy left out of his child's meal and wounding five others. He then committed suicide.

"This was not a robbery. He didn't demand anything," said Paul Miller, a Palm Beach County sheriff's spokesman. "Looks like this was just another random shooting like we've seen around the United States."

The 42-year-old victim, a Palm Beach County Fire-Rescue lieutenant who was not in uniform, had met his wife and child at the restaurant during a break in training down the street, Deputy Fire-Rescue Chief Steve Delai said. The family had gotten their food and walked out, but the man returned because the free toy was missing from the kids' meal, he said.

The lieutenant was shot in the back as he stood at the counter.

"Our officer probably didn't even see him," Delai said, adding that the man's wife and child were in the parking lot when the shooting broke out.

Three of the survivors were critically wounded, but all had improved and were hospitalized in stable condition Monday evening, Miller said. They included a 43-year-old man, a 16-year-old girl, a 65-year-old man and his 62-year-old wife. One person was injured while running away.

Motorists at the drive-thru window also fled, some leaving their vehicles running. Several people were carried from the restaurant on stretchers. Authorities did not identify the shooter or the other victims.

"I just saw a lady with a little boy in her arms come running out screaming, 'Somebody's shooting!'" said Sandra Jackson, who had been getting gas across the street. The woman said her husband was still inside, said Jackson, 43, of Palm Springs.

The mayhem unfolded just after noon during the lunch hour rush at the eatery on a major suburban road lined with strip malls, car dealerships and fast food restaurants, about five miles from downtown West Palm Beach. A billboard advertising an upcoming gun show stands just behind the Wendy's.

The shooter entered the restaurant and went to a restroom before coming out brandishing what appeared to be a 9 mm handgun, Miller said. About 10 to 15 people were believed to be in the restaurant at the time, he said.

Ashley Milton, 28, said she had just opened the door to get lunch when she heard the "pop pop" of gunfire and saw people running.

"I really didn't think that's what it was. I thought this can't be happening," she said. "You see your life flash before your eyes."

Josh Maynard, 30, said he and his 20-year-old brother Jerry hit the floor when the well-dressed gunman opened fire. Jerry Maynard said the shooter held his gun sideways and said nothing.

The gunman went to the counter, Miller said, shooting a customer before slowly turning to his left and firing on others before shooting himself.

One customer kicked the pistol away from the gunman after he'd shot himself, then started first aid on the wounded, Miller said.

When the shooting stopped, the Maynard brothers ran out of the restaurant. Josh Maynard's blue jeans were torn and his brown leather boots were sliced, damage he said was caused by a bullet that grazed him as he lay on the floor.

"It felt like somebody kicked me in the foot," he said.

Bob Bertini, a Wendy's Inc. spokesman based in Dublin, Ohio, called the shooting "a senseless tragedy."
    Hosted by Copyright © 2008 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.

#18     Mar 3, 2008
  9. Toronto...Hypocrisy is a bitch isn't it.. (these range from 1989 - 2006.

Dawson College, Montreal
    A young man opens fire outside Dawson College, a CEGEP serving about 10,000 students in downtown Montreal, and then continues the rampage inside the school. Witnesses describe seeing a tall skinny youth with a Mohawk haircut walk into the cafeteria shortly before 1 p.m. ET carrying a large gun. The shooter, Kimveer Gill, 25, lived in a borough of Laval north of Montreal. He killed himself in a confrontation with police inside the school. One woman is killed, 18-year-old Anastasia DeSousa, and 19 people are wounded, at least six critically. They range in age from 17 to 48, according to police.

W. R. Myers High School, Taber, Alta.
    A 14-year-old boy opens fire with a .22-calibre rifle inside W. R. Myers High School in Taber, an Alberta town about 200 kilometres southeast of Calgary. The boy, who can't be named because of his age at the time of the crime, kills student Jason Lang, 17. Another student, Shane Christmas, 17, is wounded, but recovers from his injuries. The shooting takes place a week after the Columbine High School massacre.

Brockton High School, Toronto
    A student unhappy with his grades shoots two guidance counsellors at Brockton High School in Toronto. Both survive.

Concordia University, Montreal
    A professor at Concordia, Valery Fabrikant, fires on his colleagues, killing four and wounding one.

L'École Polytechnique, Montreal
    An injured person is wheeled away from Montreal's Ecole Polytechnique on Dec. 6, 1989 after gunman Marc Lepine opened fire at the university. (Shaney Komulainen/Canadian Press) Marc Lépine, 25, walks into a classroom at Montreal's l'École Polytechnique engineering school, separates the men from the women and tells the men to leave. Then he begins shooting from a semi-automatic military weapon, shouting "I want women" as he roams the school's floors. Lépine kills 13 female students and a college employee, and injures 13 others before committing suicide. He had purchased a semi-automatic, a Ruger Mini-14, to carry out his assault. The ease with which he had acquired it and carried out the assault leads to the creation of pressure groups, which eventually forces the federal government to set up a national gun control registry.

#19     Mar 3, 2008
  10. BSAM

BSAM

(The time is overdue: We need gun control.)

#20     Mar 3, 2008